Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

OVERUNITY.COM LOGO CONTEST!

Started by winner, August 06, 2008, 03:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z.monkey

Howdy Y'all,

Here's an idea.  Make the letters in OverUnity.Com different devices that are chronicled here.  The "O" could be a Bessler Wheel.  The "V" could be a Jacobs Ladder.  The "i" could be a Tesla Coil.  The "U" and the "n" could be horseshoe magnets.  The little "o" could be a water wheel.  The "U" could be a HHO electrolyzer in a bucket.  The "m" could be an inductor in some sort of circuit around the perimeter.  It would take some graphic artistry and a high resolution logo to do it, but isn't this what OverUnity.com is all about?  All the various devices that are being explored here?

Blessed Be Brothers...
Goodwill to All, for All is One!

TheOne

"O" could be a toroidal coil or TPU :)

exxcomm0n

Here is the trans versions with suggestions from watts.

The font is Century Schoolbook L Bold .

The colors have changed.

The 16x16 icon is actually 20X20 (but I could massage it into a smaller size (just didn't wanna ;) ).
When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.

winner

Quote from: wattsup on August 07, 2008, 02:17:46 AM
Good idea.

Here are some general guidelines for a logo design.

1) It should be compact.
2) It should be visible in large or very small format.
3) Not more then three colors.
4) It should look good with light or dark background.
5) It should be easy to have embroidered or printed on hats, caps, t-shirts, coffee mugs, etc.
6) It should convey the serious quest for free energy.
7) If there are white areas inside the logo, these should be marked as transparent unless the logo has a border.
8) If using standard text styles, you should identify the text style when you post your submission.

Don't draw an oil drilling rig with a big X on it. lol

Wonderful input here, Wattsup! Thanks!!! All of these are great guidlines! I highly recommend these as well.

Also I'd like to suggest the following:

9) Please feel free to contribute even if you don't have advanced graphics or webmaster skills. If you come up with a terrific design and there are some technical issues, there are plenty of people here who can help with technical corrections.

10) Let's not get too involved yet with the web icon. The 16x16 web icon, being so small, is quite challenging. The colors and general shape of the larger logo is usually all that can be captured, or maybe letters "O" and "U" might be all that we'll eventually use. In fact, as far as shaping contest rules, I wouldn't make it a contest requirement for everyone to create this little doohicky, since I think this will restrict the creative effort. Once a winning general logo is selected, we'll have some idea how this guy should look. [edit -->] Of course, if you want to pursue this as well, that's fine too.

Cure diseases with grid computing power! Join World Community Grid!

Click logo for worldcommunitygrid.org

TheOne

Quote from: exxcomm0n on August 07, 2008, 12:18:35 PM
Here is the trans versions with suggestions from watts.

The font is Century Schoolbook L Bold .

The colors have changed.

The 16x16 icon is actually 20X20 (but I could massage it into a smaller size (just didn't wanna ;) ).

I don't want to be rude but it ugly :)

Also title header should be "small in height" its cannot be used on a site because so many space is wasted in the page!

The small icon should be 16x16 (cannot be different then that), 32x32 can be used but its for desktop use only. Also the icon should say when you look at it what that mean.