Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Induction motors and capacitors lowers amps "consumption"

Started by Kyoat, January 19, 2009, 03:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d3adp00l

I urge everyone working with systems like this to do a full and complete study on power factor, and to get the right metering equipment, (kwhr meter, and a kw/kvar/kva/pf meter) you can find these things on ebay.
History is full of people who out of fear,
Or ignorance, or lust for power have
destroyed knowledge of immeasurable
value which truly belongs to us all.

WE must not let it happen again.
-Carl Sagan

Kyoat

Quote from: d3adp00l on April 26, 2009, 04:14:04 PM
I urge everyone working with systems like this to do a full and complete study on power factor, and to get the right metering equipment, (kwhr meter, and a kw/kvar/kva/pf meter) you can find these things on ebay.
I totally agree.  A Kill-a-Watt meter cost less than $25.00.  We have two of them.  Kyoat
Remember, Wilbur and Orivil Wright, against all odds demonstrated to the world that with a little tinkering and alot of thought, that man could fly.  All the while all the "educated men of the world" said man would never leave the ground.  97% of their calculations are still used today.  Not bad for two bycycle repairmen. 3% error!

Kyoat

Hi everyone,
I'm still on my remote job and have not been able to (hands on) continue my research.  Although my partners are hard at work and have made tremendous success.  We will post our newest results as soon as we can weed out any errors.   We don't wish to receive the negative sounding replies that some feel they need to post.  Ignorance seems to be a trait of some who wish to put others down with out explaining their reason for their response.  I suppose this somehow makes them feel "smarter" or "better" but in my eyes, they are just plain ignorant individuals.

I (not we) need help!
I'm not an expert, but I keep getting conflicting answers when tyring to answer some of my questions.  So I thought I'd post them and maybe someone out there will be able to help me out with a logical, easy to understand explanation.

So here's a few of my questions that I'm tyring to find answers for.  Anyone willing to assist in the correct answers will be greatly appreciated, and not forgotten!  PLEASE EXPLAIN ANY ANSWERS

1)  1 Horse power (electric motors) = (I've been told 746 watts is this correct?
     1 Horse diesel is greater than 1 Hp Gas...... how does an electric motor rate as compared?
     is it greater or less?  Please explain. (A 15KW generator will work with a 15 HP diesel, but
     requires at least a 24 HP gas motor.  (so therfore HP is not an equal equation)

2)  1 horse power (electric motors) = (I've been told 550 foot pounds per second) is this correct?

3)  This question deals with gear reduction verses horse power.
    3A)   If I have a 1 HP electric motor hooked to a 2 to 1 gear reduction gear box,  how much
            power do I have at the slower end?  Is it still 1 HP, or is it 2 HP? (less frictional losses)

4)   If you hook up a "grid inverter" to your local power provider, and let's say your power source is
      15 KW of power, as opposed to your power provider's power of let's say 200 Amp service
      at 220 volts, why doesn't this "fry" your inverter?

4A) If this same inverter is getting it's power from a XXXXXXXX that gets it's initial power
            from your local utility, will this cause a harmonic interference within the two
            systems?

5)   Any help with any of these questions will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank You.... KYOAT
Remember, Wilbur and Orivil Wright, against all odds demonstrated to the world that with a little tinkering and alot of thought, that man could fly.  All the while all the "educated men of the world" said man would never leave the ground.  97% of their calculations are still used today.  Not bad for two bycycle repairmen. 3% error!

d3adp00l

1 hp is in fact equal to 746 watts

diesel:
    http://www.generatorjoe.net/zGJCY-015D385.html
gasoline:
http://www.generatorjoe.net/product.asp?0=200&1=618&3=2922

Generator engines have to be at least 20% stronger in hp than the electric equal hp, so 15000/746= 20hp
20hp/.80= 25hp, that way the engine can handle a load being dumped on it with out stalling the engine.

GAsoline or diesel HP is HP. The difference is in the amount of fuel used to produce the hp, and the amount of displacement of the engine.

2.) yes 1 hp is 550 foot pounds for one second. Please see :http://www.onlineconversion.com/power.htm

to convert just about anything into anything else.
! HP is equal to the energy needed to lift 33000lbs 1 foot in 1 minute.

3) you would still have 1 hp. think of mechanical hp as a function of rpm and torque. high rpm and low torque = 1hp, low rpm and high torque = 1hp.

power is universal, whether you lift 10lbs 10feet or 100lbs 1 foot.

4) your service has a maximum handling of 200 amp at 240v. but you only ever use the amount you have turned on at any one time. Which can be very low. Zero in fact. An inverter has the ability to limit how much power to outputs, and so limits itself to 15kw. Instead of blowing up it cuts back its output voltage.

4A) the inverter is designed to harmonize itself with the HZ of the system, so no it should not. Because the inverter turns DC into AC, and dc has no harmonics to it.

5) Umm your welcome?, not sure how to answer that one :)
History is full of people who out of fear,
Or ignorance, or lust for power have
destroyed knowledge of immeasurable
value which truly belongs to us all.

WE must not let it happen again.
-Carl Sagan

Kyoat

Quote from: d3adp00l on May 16, 2009, 06:47:07 PM
1 hp is in fact equal to 746 watts

diesel:
    http://www.generatorjoe.net/zGJCY-015D385.html
gasoline:
http://www.generatorjoe.net/product.asp?0=200&1=618&3=2922

Generator engines have to be at least 20% stronger in hp than the electric equal hp, so 15000/746= 20hp
20hp/.80= 25hp, that way the engine can handle a load being dumped on it with out stalling the engine.

GAsoline or diesel HP is HP. The difference is in the amount of fuel used to produce the hp, and the amount of displacement of the engine.

2.) yes 1 hp is 550 foot pounds for one second. Please see :http://www.onlineconversion.com/power.htm

to convert just about anything into anything else.
! HP is equal to the energy needed to lift 33000lbs 1 foot in 1 minute.

3) you would still have 1 hp. think of mechanical hp as a function of rpm and torque. high rpm and low torque = 1hp, low rpm and high torque = 1hp.

power is universal, whether you lift 10lbs 10feet or 100lbs 1 foot.

4) your service has a maximum handling of 200 amp at 240v. but you only ever use the amount you have turned on at any one time. Which can be very low. Zero in fact. An inverter has the ability to limit how much power to outputs, and so limits itself to 15kw. Instead of blowing up it cuts back its output voltage.

4A) the inverter is designed to harmonize itself with the HZ of the system, so no it should not. Because the inverter turns DC into AC, and dc has no harmonics to it.

5) Umm your welcome?, not sure how to answer that one :)

Thank You very much for your time and effort in answering some of these questions. KYOAT