Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

bye bye guns. THANK YOU OBAMA!

Started by b0rg13, February 03, 2009, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carbonc_cc

Quote from: hansvonlieven on February 05, 2009, 01:16:34 AM
And there is a fairy at the back of my garden who is very liberal with head jobs. (They don't call her the tooth fairy for nothing.)

Dream on.

Hans von Lieven

Well here's a nice pretty chart for you which agrees with my statement.  Just incase your too busy with your "tooth fairy" in your back yard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_corruption

The ten countries perceived to be least corrupt, according to the 2007 Corruption Perceptions Index, are Denmark, Finland, New Zealand, Singapore, Sweden, Iceland, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Canada, and Norway.
Information from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transparency_International an international non-government German organization.

IMHO the above are not major governments and here is a source that agrees.
http://www.globalfirepower.com/

carbonc_cc

I will concede Canada as the least corrupt almost major government (prison bitc* to the US) in the world.

As for government size/power/economic/resources ratio.  The US is the leader of many things including civility.

carbonc_cc

Quote from: wizardofmars on February 04, 2009, 11:41:19 PM
Here are gun-related deaths per 100,000 people in the world's 36 richest countries in 1994: United States 14.24; Brazil 12.95; Mexico 12.69; Estonia 12.26; Argentina 8.93; Northern Ireland 6.63; Finland 6.46; Switzerland 5.31; France 5.15; Canada 4.31; Norway 3.82; Austria 3.70; Portugal 3.20; Israel 2.91; Belgium 2.90; Australia 2.65; Slovenia 2.60; Italy 2.44; New Zealand 2.38; Denmark 2.09; Sweden 1.92; Kuwait 1.84; Greece 1.29; Germany 1.24; Hungary 1.11; Republic of Ireland 0.97; Spain 0.78; Netherlands 0.70; Scotland 0.54; England and Wales 0.41; Taiwan 0.37; Singapore 0.21; Mauritius 0.19; Hong Kong 0.14; South Korea 0.12; Japan 0.05.

Lets not forget, MORE THAN HALF of the 14.24 ratio is suicide by gun.  And in that act, having a gun is just convenient. 

Gun suicides outnumber gun homicides. In 1999, there were 16,599 gun suicides compared to 10,828 firearm homicides (National Center for Injury Prevention and Control). Guns were the most common method of suicide (57% in 1999). http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvsuic.html

Just a few months ago, a Wallgreens Pharmacy opened up down the street from where I work and the new manager decided she didn't want to run the place.  She stepped out of her car on Interstate 82 and ran in front of a Semi-Tractor trailer.  The found parts of her in 4 different vehicles.  I guess she didn't have the convenience of owning a gun.

CTG Labs

Hi all,

This is something I have thought about in the past.  In the UK all guns are banned and you cannot even buy an airsoft rifle without licence from a registered club.

Also our Police do not carry guns because they just don't need to!  Imagine that!  A few votes have been held in the past about if the police should carry guns and most of the police vote no.  They vote no because if they start carrying guns, more and more criminals will carry guns to up the anty and soon we will have shootings all over the place like the USA.

Of course, if you vote to ban guns after it was law to have them in the first place and millions have them it will be very hard to get them all back and of course the criminals will keep them hidden, but you have to start somewhere.  In the UK we dont need guns in our homes as there are no guns out there for criminals to use against us as it has always been illegal so they just are not in circulation at all.  If there is gun crime it is bank robbery using farmers shot guns as they just cannot get automatic weapons in the country, there is the odd gang shooting too of course...

Regards,

Dave.

carbonc_cc

Quote from: CTG Labs on February 05, 2009, 09:40:28 AM
Hi all,

This is something I have thought about in the past.  In the UK all guns are banned and you cannot even buy an airsoft rifle without licence from a registered club.

Also our Police do not carry guns because they just don't need to!  Imagine that!  A few votes have been held in the past about if the police should carry guns and most of the police vote no.  They vote no because if they start carrying guns, more and more criminals will carry guns to up the anty and soon we will have shootings all over the place like the USA.

Of course, if you vote to ban guns after it was law to have them in the first place and millions have them it will be very hard to get them all back and of course the criminals will keep them hidden, but you have to start somewhere.  In the UK we dont need guns in our homes as there are no guns out there for criminals to use against us as it has always been illegal so they just are not in circulation at all.  If there is gun crime it is bank robbery using farmers shot guns as they just cannot get automatic weapons in the country, there is the odd gang shooting too of course...

Regards,

Dave.

I respectfully disagree.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1576406/28-gun-crimes-committed-in-UK-every-day.html

The crime may look to be tapering off, but it will rise again.  With Immigration and Recession...crime will rise all over the world.

History will ALWAYS repeat itself.  When you disarm the populace, you enable hostile takeover.  Rome, Sparta... They fell when the populace was disarmed.

The UK hopes it can curtail crime with technology.  Camera's everywhere in the cities, Bobbies with their tazers and other less than letheal arms.  Face recognition.  All cool stuff that is completely ineffective from an invading force/people/government/mafia.  I love the irony in the movie Demolition Man.  All I see is a calm before the storm...

So you create laws that say nobody except the gov can carry firearms.  YAAAH!.   Now you do is create a black market (which by the way will always exist).  Plus you disarm the good people making it all to easy to mug, rob, murder.....control