Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Should we keep this board: We can´t live without the truth ?

Started by hartiberlin, April 10, 2009, 09:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we keep this board: We can´t live without the truth ?

Yes, we need these political topics
43 (53.1%)
No, it makes no sense on a free energy research forum and members start too many flame wars
38 (46.9%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: May 10, 2009, 09:02:23 PM

lwh

The bookmark I have for this site takes me straight to the list of forums.  From there I choose the sub-forums I want to read.  If I'm not interested in a subject listed there, I don't go to it.  As simple as that.   

So, there is no problem for me with the way things are at the moment.  I think Harti does a good enough job moderating here and I don't see the need for other moderators.  I would prefer it if some people moderated themselves more, but I don't expect they will or demand that they do.  I've been reading these forums almost every day for the last three years or so and Harti's been able to deal with the truly disruptive members well enough.  I've seen too that when you don't feed the trolls with reactions they do indeed go away. 

This 'truth' section of the forums was started because the 'news' section was being over-run with 'truther' subject matter at one point.  I thought at the time, and still think, that was a good move.  The 'news' section should only be about devices and discoveries and anything else off that topic should be moved to it's appropriate sub-forum or deleted. 

But that move obviously wasn't enough for some people.  They don't want the presence of this subject-matter anywhere on this site.  Unfortunately for them, because it is the truth, as a lot of people choose to see it, it won't go away.  This section can be closed, but the subject-matter will just turn up in the news section again, or in any of the other sections during the natural exchange of ideas and expressions.

I remember when this site didn't have sub-forums for all this extra stuff, and when they started appearing I must admit I was aware that the whole site would now be seen by some in a different way.  However, I wasn't concerned about the 'image' this site presents to new users or passers-by, because I know for a fact that despite the site being almost purely about free-energy science and research and experimantation, it was seen even then as a place for loonies and crazy-talk.  In fact I first came to this site from a link put up by someone on another site telling everyone there to check it out as they wouldn't believe what the crazy people here were on about.   

You want legitimacy for free-energy research?  There's only one way.  Make or devise a free-energy device or system.  Until then it's impossible and we're all nuts, according to 'normal' people, for even thinking it can be done or for thinking about it at all.

About the relevance of this sort of 'truther' information here.  It's part of facing up to the consequences of ones actions.  If you're actively researching free energy or trying to create free energy devices without looking into or considering the consequences should you succeed, you really are being irresponsible.  There's no other way to put it.  And you must understand that while some people will consider the possible consequences and decide they'll be negligible, others will decide they'll be dire. 

Actually that gives me an idea.  One way to justify the presence of this subject-matter would be to change the name of the 'We Can't Live Without The Truth' forum to 'Truth And Consequences'.  This way it can be the focus for discussions about the personal and global implications of free-energy implementation.  We already have lots of examples here, from those who believe we're up against a global conspiracy to stop free-energy implementation, of what one might encounter.

It seems natural to me too that if one sees the need for free-energy one would ask oneself how it is that we've come to be in such a position of need.  This sub-forum is full of people trying to answer that question, and trying to come to terms with the answers they're finding.  And while there are obviously differing opinions on how we find ourselves in this situation, and what that situation even is, I don't see why that shouldn't be open for discussion here.  It is relevant.

jibbguy

Amen, Ahura.

It is interesting that one of the comments stated that the reason for voting "no" was that the people posting here "don't know the truth".

As most of us know, "Truth" is a very subjective word... It is nearly always, in political matters especially, really "opinion".

"Consensus Opinion" is what has helped to make this world what it is now. If opinions are expressed here that are not "consensus" i can hardly see how they can hurt things worse than they are now on this planet ;)

And yes, there are clear correlations imo between what is happened for the last 100 or so years with Energy and technology, and what has happened to our society in general. For this reason, a separate section here is justified. There is "overlap" for those who believe that the current energy paradigm is tightly controlled by and for the advantage of the energy cartels and international banking system.

It is a very easy thing to change your link for this site to the main Index (http://www.overunity.com/index.php), Scroll down, and then simply skip over any comments seen on the list that are in this section.

One thing i have noticed over the years is that many people tend to get very upset if their world-views are challenged. This is human nature to an extent, but understand than many people believe quite strongly that our world-views desperately need shaking up... That they have been carefully formed over many years for a specific purpose.. And it is an inherently "bad" purpose. If some of these ideas you see here do upset and anger you, think about this: Words are just words on a page. Thoughts and ideas cannot be "dangerous"; only the acceptance of them over others is. Are you worried that you may accept them? To show agitation over the exchange of ideas does not do you credit: In fact it points out to anyone watching a certain lack of confidence in your own beliefs; that manifests in anger and denial; which differs from normal and perfectly acceptable "disagreement" by the presence of the strong emotion.

Debate the concepts if you disagree; or if it's not worth your time, just skip it.

But racist and overly divisive comments and subjects (such as use of the word "zionist" for example) should always be removed immediately: They do no good and serve only to inflame or turn-off the maximum amount of people (...and i often wonder that perhaps that is the point of them).

gri

Surely a monkey is not able to check the ~Ignore Board~ box
in her Modify Profile -> Ignore Boards Preferences

which is being added by Ignore Boards mod for smf forum -

but it does not mean that an Administrator
should not give the primates
a chance to become a little more human.

Similar to as I am still giving a chance to an Administrator.
Your Gritoadmixes to Gri | Digrigible: { Gri to Hartiberlin -> Hartiberlin to Gri }

Yortuk Festrunk

Am I totally missing something here?

If people don't like this one sub-forum on this site that is composed of many, many forums. Then why don't they just NOT go to that one sub-forum that they do not like and just ignore it and only go to the categories that they want to read about?

Why should a few whiny, immature little bltches spoil an open and lively forum for the rest of us who are NOT intellectual cowards and who have no problem discussing controversial issues?

This will be a great blow to freedom worldwide if these cowards win.

Free energy goes hand in hand with free speech.

hansvonlieven

When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx