Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Gravity Wheel Power Cycle - A working Wheel Is Possible?

Started by mondrasek, April 11, 2009, 04:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mondrasek

Forum member Grimer looked at the theoretical power cycle of a gravity wheel in the thread on Sjack Abeling's Weight Power Station started by AquariuZ.  His analysis is shown here:  http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=7150.msg170033#msg170033 .  Several other posts follow that expound on this analysis a bit.  I'd like to invite any and all who have the expertise to discuss this analysis to do so here.

Thanks,

M.

mondrasek

Copy of Grimers post:

Well, I've worked out the power cycle for the Sjack Abeling Gravity Wheel - and here it is.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/frank260332/Sjackcycle.jpg

So it looks as though his gravity wheel really will work, though as he says, why someone didn't find this out a long time ago just by chance is a bit of a mystery.

Still, I suppose before knowledge of the Carnot cycle and the Leibniz calculus it would have been a bit of a mental stretch.

When I first recognised that the acceleration leg (d2x/dt2)and the rate of change of acceleration leg (the adiabatic leg - d3x/dt3) gave the potential for a power cycle I couldn't see where the other return legs were going to come from. But then I realised that cos everything is turning round the returning legs are the same as the outgoing legs. Tricky, eh!

But what on earth has this got to do with a Carnot cycle you may ask?

Well, think of the balls being thrown around as monster molecules and the structure enclosing them as the cylinder. The equivalent of the thermal potential change is the gravitational potential change and the adiabatic leg (the balls rising up) is where the motion energy is exchanged for gravitational energy.

If you don't understand what I'm on about (or even what I'm smoking   ) I can't say I blame you.
And if you want to ask questions I'll do my best to answer them.

Oh, and one more think to note. The containing structure can be made as stiff as needs be so no significant power is lost to the structure.

mondrasek

Copy of reply by hartiberlin:

Hi Grimer,
looks good, so it is a right turning cycle process, right ?
How can we make the area inside the curve bigger, for more output ?
Can you please calculate this and let us know, how to do this in the real world ?

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.

mondrasek

Copy of reply by Grimer:

Thanks for your reply, Stefan. I must say I didn't really expect any. For one thing I thought the idea of an area on a displacement vs. time graph representing energy would too big a stumbling block. I can explain why it is energy but the explanation requires both an unconventional view of time, a view of stress as an alias for an equilibrium natural strain which leads to energy as strain energy.

I don't know what a "right turning cycle process" is I'm afraid. Perhaps Harvey's idea of a mini tide machine may be useful.

I know the area inside the loop looks a bit constrained but it better than Carnot and no-one has ever complained about that.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/frank260332/Stefan1.jpg

From the sound of things I don't think one will need more power. Anyway, let's wait to see it actually working first before worrying about bells and whistles.

mondrasek

Copy of next on-topic post by Grimer:

Hi Stefan,
I've been swotting up on the history of Johann Bessler. What a fantastic story. It seems to me the evidence of his wheel's reality is very strong indeed. Which can only mean the Sjack has stumbled upon its secret. I suppose someone had to, sooner or later. I shall have to find the time line in relation to Carnot.

Cheers, Frank