Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Claimed OU circuit of Rosemary Ainslie

Started by TinselKoala, June 16, 2009, 09:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MileHigh

TK:

I have this funny image in my mind of an "Energetic Science Practitioner."  Something akin to Dan Aykroyd suited up in "Ghostbusters."  What they do I have no clue but the funky hardware they are carrying is interesting to look at.

There are modular plug-in slots on their backpacks.  They give Aaron $299.99 for various "Mind Energetics Power Modules" (MEPMs) and are then even more energized to practice "Energetic Science."  They eye each other on the street to see who can boast that they are carrying the most MEPMs in the plug-in slots of their backpacks.

If you have a full compliment of MEPMs on your backpack, you qualify for the "Tony Robbins" bonus "Super-Power" pack that fits on top of all the MEPMs for only $499.99.  It's a mind-e_x_p_a_n_d_i_n_g experience.

Finally, if you get at least eight people to sign up to become "Energetic Science Practitioners" and they collectively purchase at least 50 MEPMs form Aaron, then you get.......... <drum roll>..........................

A Veg-O-Matic!!!!

Yep....  Yep.....

P.S.:  Henieck, I hope that you are still reading.  You got kicked off the forum by the despot because he and his cronies refused to believe that the coil stores the energy supplied by the battery.  I think that one has been pounded into Rosemary and Aaron's' brains after 26 attempts.  Too bad you are not still around, you seemed like a nice guy.  Remember - "Like Singapore on Acid" and you had a bad trip.

poynt99

Now what happens if we keep all other parameters identical, but increase the inductance by a factor of about 200x up to a value of 1600uH? (1.6mH).

We see that the power draw from the battery is ramping down to the point of switch-off (about -5.75W), then immediately reverses direction at a slightly less peak value (~4.2W). It looks like almost all the energy that came out of the battery is going back in as charging. Of course the subsequent ringdown energy has a net of zero as mentioned before.

This at first glance may seem quite encouraging to the new-agers, and even perhaps some classicists, but at closer inspection you can see that the area under (or inside) the top triangle (returning energy) is somewhat smaller than the area under the bottom triangle (energy leaving the battery). The difference between these two amounts is actually what went to the load as heating energy as shown in green. There is also energy being dissipated in the MOSFET and 0.25 Ohm shunt as well, but it is insignificant in comparison to the load dissipation. For illustrative purposes, they were not included in this shot.

question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

MileHigh

Hey .99:

Great plot again.  I think that I am seeing it differently than you.  The large inductor gives you the nearly straight line for the increasing battery power because the current is increasing in a nearly straight line, due to the fact that the time constant is so much longer now.  So the first green hump is the power burned in the coil-resistor during the MOSFET on time where the nearly straight ramp is occurring.  It resembles a y = x-squared curve which all makes sense.

Then the MOSFET switches off so the second smaller green hump is a small amount of the coil energy being discharged in the coil-resistor.  What you don't see of course is the much larger amount of energy being discharged through the MOSFET.  I am assuming that there is a drain-source DC leakage resistance as part of the MOSFET model.

The key thing in this case is that with a much larger inductor most of the battery energy is going into the coil during the initial ramp-up, and a relatively small amount of energy is being dissipated in the 10-ohm resistor.

So the end of the second green hump is telling you that the main bulk of stored energy in the coil has fully discharged, where most of it has blasted it's way through the poor MOSFET.  The energy blasted through the MOSFET is much larger than the measly second green hump for the 10-ohm resistor.

Finally you are in ring-down mode, and as you show there is a very limited amount of remaining energy being burned off during this phase in the resistive part of the coil-resistor.

Great sheww!

MileHigh

P.S.:  If I am right, throwing in the plot of the MOSFET power dissipation in yellow would be cool.  Not that I would ask you.  lol  But it might give Aaron a sobering moment.

poynt99

MH.
SPICE unfortunately does not include real models for inductors. The inductor model is an "ideal" inductor, so the user must insert his own series DC resistance and parallel self-capacitance.

So for all inductors I use an ideal inductor in series with a resistor. In the RA case, it is a 8.64uH inductor in series with a 10 Ohm resistor.

When I showed the instantaneous power in the load, it is for the 10 Ohm resistor only, as this is the dissipative component in the "model".

Is this not correct? (I believe this is valid and correct). If it is correct, then what you see in green is the instantaneous power of the 10 Ohm resistor part of the model only, not the inductor. Since we are only concerned with heat dissipation, I assume this is correct. This is then compared to the NET power of the battery. MOSFET power can be plotted as well. It has a quite large narrow spike of power in both directions.

We see what appears to be a lot of energy coming from the battery, but the trick is that most of the energy in this case is being stored in the inductance part of the model, it's not being dissipated. What I show in green is the energy that IS going towards heat dissipation in both phases. The energy not dissipated in the resistive part of the load, is stored then returned back to the battery as shown, even though the MOSFET is in an "OFF" state and no flyback diode is present.

It is interesting to note that although the battery power rings in accordance with the inductor ringdown, this ringdown contributes almost zero power (very small ripple) dissipation in the resistive component of the load, and hence no appreciable additional heat.

question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

qiman

From Rosemary:

TK - Your 'ability to pursue this issue, PASS OR FAIL' and 'all the way'...repeat ...'all the way'. Frankly I'll pass on this. I would be sorry if it were you - of all people - to 'make the world stand up and pay attention'. And it would not make my brightest 'dreams come true' if you were in any way associated with this circuit unless it's to debunk it.

If I thought that there were any truth in the claims and I depended on someone like you to promote it - then I'd definitely have thought twice before putting it out there. I have no respect for your judgement, your experimental abilities or your character. And anyone with any discernment would think the same. It is my opinion that you're a monster. And I know of one video demonstration that is a complete lie from beginning to end.

Whether the circuit is right or wrong - I'm happy to leave Aaron to determine this. And if it's wrong I am entirely satsified that he's man enough to admit it. And if it's right - then he's also more than competent to develop it and to progress it. I suspect that your rash pleasure in demeaning me as you do - will yet come back to bite you. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You're the playground bully and your 'gang' are sadly trying to imitate you. All they manage with startling effect is to parade that same delusions of intelligence and power that you seem to enjoy.

And my apology was for the record. It was never intended to 'smooth your ruffled' On the contrary I prefer them to stay just as they are - ridiculous, small minded and petulant. Of course I knew you would not accept the apology. To do so you'd need something of the character of a gentleman. That description isn't even in your frame of reference.