Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Organic grown Carbon Nano Tubes

Started by onthecuttingedge2005, August 02, 2009, 07:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravityblock

Quote from: the_big_m_in_ok on August 02, 2009, 11:14:16 PM
I believe the species of rope hemp is not the same as cannabis, yes?

Hemp is a good thread and rope material, like sisal.

--Lee

Yes, there is a slight difference between the species.  The slight difference is in the THC content of the species.  Cannabis has a low THC content and is used in research and for it's strong fibers or hemp.  Marijuana has a high THC content and is used for medicinal purposes and as a recreational drug.  So, we should crossbreed the bamboo plants with a strain of cannabis that has a low THC content, since we don't need the THC for our purposes here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_(drug)
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

the_big_m_in_ok

gravityblock said:
...So, we should instead crossbreed the cannabis and bamboo plants, since we don't need the THC for our purposes here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_(drug)

Here's another:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamboo_textiles

There could be a problem crossing hemp with bamboo:
They're in different plant families, such that bamboo is a rhizome growing out of roots as well as seeds like Bermuda grass; and hemp/cannabis is a seasonal pest weed native to Western Asia, similarly to bamboo, but it's not a rhizome.

Crossing both together would take more than *a little* effort genetically, I think.

(I had a relative get mixed up with drugs and pot was one of them, so I learned a few things about the plant.)

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

jadaro2600

Quote from: onthecuttingedge2005 on August 02, 2009, 07:45:23 PM
I have come to the conclusion that it may be possible for Plant Fibers to be grown into perfect Carbon Nano Tube structures and then be manufactured for materials.

some Plant tissues are very close to Carbon Nano Tube structures and slight modifications to the genetics of the plant genes would allow us to simply grow bulk Carbon Nano Tubes for the Industries.

also by specialized plant tissue dissolving it is possible to separate the carbon nano tube structures from each other to help simplify manufacturing processes.

Genetically modified Bamboo or maybe Acacia that contain longer tissue skeletons could provide for long stands, it would be more of a benefit to modify the Genetics of Bamboo since some species can grow up to 3ft a day.

Jerry ;)

Forget the ganja ... if you want fine tubes, fungal hyphae of the mycelium are the way to go.

onthecuttingedge2005

Quote from: the_big_m_in_ok on August 02, 2009, 11:47:56 PM
gravityblock said:
Here's another:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamboo_textiles

There could be a problem crossing hemp with bamboo:
They're in different plant families, such that bamboo is a rhizome growing out of roots as well as seeds like Bermuda grass; and hemp/cannabis is a seasonal pest weed native to Western Asia, similarly to bamboo, but it's not a rhizome.

Crossing both together would take more than *a little* effort genetically, I think.

(I had a relative get mixed up with drugs and pot was one of them, so I learned a few things about the plant.)

--Lee

I don't want to cross any plant other than what is needed to grow Carbon nano tubes, the growing system could make things perfect so long as we research it properly.

I mean if you try to abuse this you will lose you're alienability to the perfect spacecraft. literally, it is more important to build it rather than abuse it for psychotropic effects.

please don't abuse my perfect spacecraft, please.

Jerry ;)

the_big_m_in_ok

onthecuttingedge2005 said:
I don't want to cross any plant other than what is needed to grow Carbon nano tubes, the growing system could make things perfect so long as we research it properly.
Okay, Jerry, I see your point.  Time for me to "hit the hay", as it were, but before I go, I did see a site in Britain that the commercial company made carbon nanotubes more than one way, as long as the quality is sufficient.

Will look into it later.

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.