Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Wind Turbine Competitor Steps in well maybe? Enter Wind Pipe

Started by infringer, August 18, 2009, 07:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

infringer

here is a picture of the device
http://www.green-energy-news.com/Resources/windpipetall.jpeg

John R. Tuttle, President of John R. Tuttle Inc. (JRTI) has invented a new kind of wind energy converter which he thinks will, eventually, replace wind turbine generators as we know them. It’s quite a bit different. Tuttle’s WindPipe (tm) has no long churning blades or propeller and no rotating power generator hidden in a nacelle. In fact, so he says, the WindPipe wind energy converter has no rotating parts at all. For now he won’t say how it works but it’s what’s inside that pipe that counts.

uttle also says power output in the WindPipe starts building at about 7 miles per hour of wind speed and climbs from there. There is no cut out wind speed. (Well, unless the WindPipe gets destroyed in a bad storm.) Vertical towers, if that’s the choice of installation, are light and easily raised up to 120 feet with a crane. All the electrical components and connections are at the bottom keeping maintenance costs low. Since there are no whirling blades WindPipes can be spaced close together. And if you’re getting the picture, the WindPipe doesn’t kill birds. And the cost of power from the WindPipe? Tuttle says “Above 14 mph, the technology is expected to produce energy from 3 to 10 times cheaper than turbines â€"from $3.30 per MWh to $0.3 per MWh, compared to the $10 per MWh of modern turbine wind towers.” The next step for JRTI is to build a 9 meter (30 foot) tall unit that can be expected to produce 900 watts of power in a 22 miles per hour breeze. At a stormy 44 miles per hour the unit could put out as much as 9 kilowatts. The production prototype should also be prettier, in white fiberglass, and be more streamlined. The wind capture end (that horn) will be about 3 meters, almost 10 feet in diameter.

Source: http://www.windpipenews.com/About_Us.html

Whats inside and how does it work? No coils no magnets hrmmm...

Any Takers?
REGISTER AND BECOME A MEMBER RIGHT NOW!!!!!
........::::::::: http://www.energyinfringer.com  :::::::::........

"""""""everything is energy and energy is everything""""""

-infringer-

infringer

I believe I cracked this design and how it works ingenious really cannot believe I did not think of it myself!

There is no spinning generator that is the biggest clue!

Too Sweet I'm going to have to figure out how to build this sucker.

-infringer-
REGISTER AND BECOME A MEMBER RIGHT NOW!!!!!
........::::::::: http://www.energyinfringer.com  :::::::::........

"""""""everything is energy and energy is everything""""""

-infringer-

Cloxxki

You mean the pipe itself spins, along a coil?

Or simply using the pressure difference to place the generate on the ground rather than on the mast, with a similarly shaped exit nozzle perhaps? Such a nozzle would suck a bit of a vacume on the other side, right? Hmmm...

I have always wondered why windmills are just standalone props, no attempts made to channel more airflow into them that they naturally meet by their surface area. In high-tech prop technology, to get optimal directional thrust, aren't props often contained in a cilinder?

High-speed air flow might also drive a heat exchange apparatus.

Cloxxki

Thanks for that belt video link. Makes me remember the elastic bands I usd to have on my bicycle's handlebars. They'd zoom nicely.
I suppose it conforms to "no moving parts"...

Would you place the belt paralel to the air flow through the tube behind the cone?
Also, would you rate a 1 sq.meter cone and one belt as more effient than a 1 sq.meter "window" with all the bands, in various orientations and even layers, that will fit?

I love wind energy ideas. I'm Dutch, so it's a bit in my blood. And today, I enjoyed a nice tail draft when hurricane like weather was forecast.