Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Re: Poynt

Started by Yucca, December 01, 2009, 10:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

utilitarian

Quote from: WilbyInebriated on December 01, 2009, 01:45:15 PM
to the moderator who is moving posts. i expect the above quote to be removed from peterae's post . i will not tolerate insinuation that i am a fire bomber or that i have threatened poynt or that i have any criminal intentions towards him. this is absolutely ludicrous that the above post has been allowed to remain.
if it is not removed i will be taking actions, legal or otherwise.

You clearly have no idea how the legal system works or what a slander or libel action requires.  To win, you have to show damages to your reputation.  Since you are not known here by your real name, you have suffered no real damages.  Your made up persona may be smeared, but when you go out to the real world, you know, where we all spend 99% of our lives, no one knows about your alleged fire bombing.

So you go take your actions, legal or otherwise, but I suspect most of your action will involve pounding sand.

Yucca

Quote from: BEP on December 01, 2009, 02:03:38 PM
There are plenty of foul mouthed blah, blah ingrates that should be banned on this forum.

You will be welcome, the new forum will have mandatory dress code of civility, objectivity and truthfulness, any blowhard non constructives will be shown the door.

Yucca

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: utilitarian on December 01, 2009, 02:42:50 PM
You clearly have no idea how the legal system works or what a slander or libel action requires.  To win, you have to show damages to your reputation.  Since you are not known here by your real name, you have suffered no real damages.  Your made up persona may be smeared, but when you go out to the real world, you know, where we all spend 99% of our lives, no one knows about your alleged fire bombing.

So you go take your actions, legal or otherwise, but I suspect most of your action will involve pounding sand.
i know how the legal system works ::)
click here and let me google that for you...

and an exerpt from that search

If you find yourself a defendant in a defamation case, this could easily be your worst nightmare. Consider the following:

1. Unable to Defend: As with Everiss’ case, the lawsuit is being threatened in a jurisdiction he has no ability to defend himself in. Financially it is infeasible to defend the case.
   2. Jurisdiction Shopping: If Evony LLC is able to win the right to sue in Australia despite being a China-based company, it would open the doors for companies and individuals to “shop” for the most friendly jurisdiction simply because the defamatory material was “published” there. UK and Australia, for example, are known to have plaintiff-friendly defamation laws.
   3. Application of Other Laws: Finally, something that might not be considered defamation in your country could be considered as such in another, opening the door to being sued even when you obeyed the laws to the best of your ability.

In short, though such broad jurisdiction for defamation cases is a boon for potential plaintiffs, it could easily have a chilling effect on speech, forcing those who publish on the Web to write for the lowest common denominator when it comes to libel law.

next time i'm in your neighboorhood i'll bring you a pint as well. :)
long story short, stefan doesn't need people like peterae bringing trouble to his doorstep by their actions...  yawn ::)
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

utilitarian

Quote from: WilbyInebriated on December 01, 2009, 03:17:06 PM
i know how the legal system works ::)
click here and let me google that for you...

and an exerpt from that search

next time i'm in your neighboorhood i'll bring you a pint as well. :)
long story short, stefan doesn't need people like peterae bringing trouble to his doorstep by their actions...  yawn ::)

It appears you did some random Google search for defamation.  Thanks for posting the results, but we can all copy and paste random junk too.

Little of what you cite relates to your specific case and the difficulty you are going to have proving defamation damages to your online persona, which cannot easily be tied to a real person.  No damages means no case.

Furthermore, how are you going to sue someone when you have no idea of his real identity either?  Your threats are comical.