Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pulsed DC Transformer with Embedded Magnets

Started by ltseung888, February 24, 2010, 03:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quarktoo

See post above - huge brain lock on my part - I was wrong and TinsleKoala was right. Sorry is a punk and I am sorry TinselKoala pissed me off.

I actually just went out and hooked a dc motor to a extech power supply with a resistor in series and when the motor sped up and I realized the amp meter just shorted the across the resistor I went... oh.. shit!

It happens... :) Pops is getting old.

quarktoo

ramset

Spinner
Jesus, Mary and Joseph

--------------------
A religious man?,Who would have thunk it?
And here I thought you were satans evil twin!

Chet
PS
Q2,Good of you to "man up"!
TK is after all "the "Supreme being" of measurement.
@TK 1952?? You are very well preserved [your telescope vid] must be the good life!
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

TinselKoala

Well, Quark2, it's good of you to admit that you are wrong. Now, let's see where else you are wrong. I inferred from your earlier posts on this topic that you did not have an oscilloscope, because I thought SURELY anyone who has a scope SURELY would know 1) that it measures VOLTAGE vs. TIME and VOLTAGE ONLY, and 2) how to calculate the values of parallel resistors, and 3) how to use the VOLTAGE DROP across a resistive element to determine current via Ohm's Law. Since you were wrong about each of those things, yes, I INFERRED that you don't own a scope. Sorry (Canadian Style).

Now.... I have cut-and-pasted quotes from you in my above posts. Please indicate just where I have misquoted you, and I will apologise and correct the misquote.

And, while you are at it, please hit the topics that we haven't yet covered: the statement about the phase relationship between voltage and current in a purely resistive element, for example. What about that?

Now, nobody was calling names or making personal insults until YOU started it, quark2. And yet.... you were entirely wrong about what you were claiming. That is what pisses me off more than anything else. Rather than stick to the technical discussion, providing citations and proofs for what you claim, as I do, you start getting snotty and insulting. Which of course liberates me to do the same.

I took the time today to make a video illustrating the computation of parallel resistors and the method of obtaining current from monitoring the voltage drop across them, confirmed with a non-contact current probe and an expensive oscilloscope. Two simultaneous methods in agreement: the non-contact probe and the voltage drop give nearly identical readings (on a 60 Hz sine wave input signal, lighting up an LED for load), and a third method, a series connection through a Simpson analog milliampmeter, not so much.
I'll post it to my YT account in a couple of hours or so, after I get home from the lab. But since Q2 has admitted some of his errors it's not so important, I guess.

(Incidentally, Professor, Lawrence, and Rosemary, the LeCroy AP015 current probe I am using is rated from DC to 50 MHz; that should be a wide enough bandwidth to test a 20 kHz blocking oscillator, I should think....)

quarktoo

Note my scope on the right hand side. Are you a short fat guy?

Piss off punk