Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Does the Earth Have a Net Electric Charge, and Can That Be Tapped?

Started by ResinRat2, February 02, 2011, 05:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ResinRat2

This idea may be foolish, but it just came to me on a crazy whim. I am throwing it out there for opinions and ideas, or simply to tell me why this won't work.

We all know that all our electrical connections go from high potential to low, and that every building has a rod in the earth that is the grounding rod. I was pondering what happens to the electrical energy that goes to ground? Is it just dissipated as heat, or does the electrical potential simply become absorbed into the total net charge of the planet Earth.

Is the electrical energy absorbed into the ground building up over time and dissipating into the earth; and if that energy still exists in the earth, can it be retapped and used again?

My thought was that the upper layers of the earth where all these grounding rods are sitting is retaining the electrical charges, and that by tapping from an upper level of the earth, close to the surface, and then connecting to a lower (much deeper) grounding rod that is insulated over its entire length except at its very (underground) tip, that an electrical potential would exist that could be tapped?

Maybe the earth simply doesn't have an electrical charge, I don't know; but if you go down very deep, say a hundred feet or deeper, you pass layers of rock and groundwater and these act as insulating layers from above. Giving a deeper and insulated ground that can be used to give flow to electrical discharges closer to the surface of the earth.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post. I value your opinions on this.

RR2

Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

bourne

Maybe ask an oil well driller. Ask them if they have experienced something akin to a 'static' shock from the drilling equipment.

I do understand your thinking RR2, the charge has to go somewhere.
There is but one true power in the Universe... that which we call Love. Todays present label and conspicuously absent from our named guardians tool kit.

Moab

i can help with that.@ RR2 Yes indeed there is a DC potential.  it is enough to cause electrolysis issues for gas lines. do some google searching you'll find some articles on the subject. :) I never tried to light a LED, maybe i need to.  no static shock or potential buildup that you can feel or anything like that. but its there and over time it does cause issues.

Quote from: bourne on February 02, 2011, 05:44:43 PM
Maybe ask an oil well driller. Ask them if they have experienced something akin to a 'static' shock from the drilling equipment.

I do understand your thinking RR2, the charge has to go somewhere.

mscoffman

The power distribution system in two countries are different,
the US has an unbalance ground referenced system and Great
Britain has a balance ungrounded system. But just because
the US has a ground referenced system doesn't mean you
want power currents to flow there. I was looking at HV undersea
DC cables. South Korea has one and they specify in the
document the size of a fenced in "electrode lagoon" at each end for
the ground referencing the system. So power can flow in the ground.
But it's usually reserved for fault currents. Note that power levels are
going to drop with 1/2Radius Squared like EMF radio signals. So the
power signal would drop off in magnitude in an equivalent fashion
to the transmission signal of a powerful radio/TV station.
It gets to microvolt levels before very long. This is consistent with
the threat of lightning current being intercepted from the ground -
not all that great.

If earth has a charge it has to relative to something and that
something is the Sun. Lightning storms and solar ions cause
"Sky return Currents" which can be intercepted to generate electricity
but the ground really is a neutral reference in most cases.

:S:MarkSCoffman

IotaYodi

QuoteIf earth has a charge it has to relative to something and that
something is the Sun
And the Cosmos and yes the Earth has charge. Like Mark said the ground is used for a fault. A circuit bypass if you will. Thats the only time it carrys current by standard electrical distribution. A Hot wire and Neutral are the current carriers with the neutral being the return completing the circuit.

http://www.xearththeory.com/introdis_earth_electromagnetic_coil_transformers_step_up_down.html
What I know I know!
Its what I don't know that's a problem!