Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Time Travel Research

Started by telemachus, October 10, 2011, 03:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vineet_kiran

@CC                              

I agree with your argument.  I don't have any intention of finding mistakes in your argument.   I am just interested to know the exact meaning of 'Time Travel'.       

Consider two boys of same age,   one running with normal speed and the other  with speed of light continuosly for one  year  in a circular path.     After one year when they stop running   one boy will be one year younger  than the other since he has run with speed of light.   But the point here to be noted is that when they started running both were in 'present time'   and  even when they stopped  running  both were in 'present time'.   Only difference is that one boy will be younger than the other.    Can you call it time travelling?   If this  is called as time travelling,  then nature has provided better ways for that.     Few animals like frogs, bats, some species of snakes etc.,   are capable of  stopping their time by hybernating.      As long as a frog is hybernating time does not move with respect to it  and  it does not get aged.    Only  after  coming out of hybernation its clock starts ticking again and it gets aged as usual. (frogs are capable of hybernating for hundreds of years)                              
Now you are living  in 2011.   By some means if you go to 2015,  come back and explain  to your friend what you saw in 2015,  that can be called as time travelling.                                 
Am I right?                              

Regards

Vineet.K

powercat

Now is the only time, what has gone is now memory, what is coming is a prediction based on memory,
the moment is now Hmmm so many theories

Time travel, whether you go back or forward you would probably like to return to where you left from,
anyway most films that I enjoy about time travel seemed to rely on this.

I did hear of a scientist that was building a machine that could send particles back in time, there was even a documentary made about his work on Channel 4 (UK) about 15 years ago
from what I can remember the dilemma with his device was that when he turned it on he should have been receiving the particles that he had sent back in time, but what would happen if he receive those particles and then decided not to send any back in the first place  :P

Teleportation anyone ;D
When logic and proportion Have fallen
Go ask Alice When she's ten feet tall

CuriousChris

Quote from: vineet_kiran on October 18, 2011, 09:06:40 AM
@CC                              

I agree with your argument.  I don't have any intention of finding mistakes in your argument.   I am just interested to know the exact meaning of 'Time Travel'.       

Now you are living  in 2011.   By some means if you go to 2015,  come back and explain  to your friend what you saw in 2015,  that can be called as time travelling.                                 
Am I right?                              

Regards

Vineet.K

Yes I would consider that time travel.

Hibernation is not time travel, it slows the "body clock" but doesn't stop the time clock. The particles in the body age at the same rate. so the frog is older when it comes out of hibernation, I am not sure about the 100years, I think that is a wives tail.

The two running boys is a good example of frames of reference. in the theory of relativity its all about frames of reference. before the two boys start running they are in the same frame of reference. Therefore time is the same for both of them. when they are running they are both in different frames of reference. so time acts differently for each. when they both stop they return to the same frame of reference.

Frames of reference can mean different things depending on the context. in this case the fast running boy doesn't know he is in a different frame of reference, to him time travels quite normally. and ditto for the slow running boy.

CC

CuriousChris

Quote from: powercat on October 18, 2011, 12:14:32 PM
I did hear of a scientist that was building a machine that could send particles back in time, there was even a documentary made about his work on Channel 4 (UK) about 15 years ago
from what I can remember the dilemma with his device was that when he turned it on he should have been receiving the particles that he had sent back in time, but what would happen if he receive those particles and then decided not to send any back in the first place  :P

These are the impossibilities I speak of. One of the reasons I don't believe it is possible to travel back in time, no matter what your theory of time is. Become your own father is another one. or kill your father before you are conceived.

Some will postulate that if you go back in time you create a different time stream. great for sci-fi's but  it doesn't answer what time is and personally I don't believe in creating alternate universes / time streams ala string theory just to make a theory work. I just think it makes it too complicated. The simplest answer is usually the correct one.

Another reason I don't believe in time travel is, where are all the time travelers? Of course one may consider the lack of time travelers just means humans don't make it!

WTF. 100 Million year hibernation!

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2011/05/the-100-million-year-sleep-earths-longest-hibernation-cycle-todays-most-popular.html

CC