Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Longitudinal Wave Experiment to demonstrate Overunity

Started by magpwr, August 16, 2014, 01:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Quote from: magpwr on August 16, 2014, 04:15:24 AM
hi TinselKoala,

Thanks for spotting that one.I have re attached the waveform shown in scope with AC setting.I was playing around with settings and forget about it.
Damm i got have that lunch-I need to charge. :D

can you draw me basic capacitor connection to probe.I am unable to think clearly now.

I think you may be misinterpreting  me.
You are presenting data to be used in power calculations from scope channels that are _AC coupled_.  This is an error. 

When you select 'AC-coupled' on a scope channel, the scope uses a relay or a switch or a software item that puts a capacitor in series with your scope probe, between the BNC jack and the scope's vertical amp/attenuator stage.

This is what I meant by asking you if you would measure an unknown FE device by putting a capacitor in series with your probe... because that is what selecting "AC-coupled" on a scope channel does.

In some cases the coupling may not make a difference: If you are dealing with pure sine signals that are truly vertically symmetrical about the channel zero baseline. But in most cases, selecting AC-coupled destroys the vertical information in the trace, except for p-p amplitudes.  By switching in the capacitor, you have blocked any DC component in the signal from reaching the scope, and the _average_ of the signal is moved down, or up, to the channel baseline by the AC averaging function of the coupling capacitor.

DC-coupling should always be used for total power measurements and in fact for most scope measurements. AC-coupling is only appropriate for a few types of measurements, such as the AC ripple sitting on top of a large DC offset.

Below I show pix of an antique scope's AC coupling caps, and the slightly more modern Link DSO's AC coupling caps.

magpwr

Quote from: poynt99 on August 16, 2014, 11:10:21 AM
How are you coming up with your input and output numbers? It's not a good idea to estimate power from spikey wave forms.

Doesn't MS have a power probe?

I would urge you to watch this video and perform the same power measurement both on your input and output.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYliPwbWInc

hi poynt99,

I attached the power meter for your viewing pleasure.

No readout and not implemented in the first place because i'm not surprised why the watt meter can't handle pulse current.

It is the primary reason why i was sticking with a primitive fuse to easily show everyone the estimated current needed without blowing the 2Amp fuse.

The scope shot via 0.1 ohms resistor to measure current is even harder for many to see and understand in pulse and gauge current spike.

It's nearly midnight now.Oh dear my Saturday just flew by. :'(

MarkE

Magpwer, if you connect up the E elements a multiplier and an integrator as I suggested then you will get the true energy and power delivered to the load. 

Capacitors all have internal inductance and resistance.  Those values can be derived from manufacturer supplied S parameters.

Marsing

Quote from: MarkE on August 16, 2014, 05:00:55 PM
Magpwer, if you connect up the E elements a multiplier and an integrator as I suggested then you will get the true energy and power delivered to the load. 

Capacitors all have internal inductance and resistance.  Those values can be derived from manufacturer supplied S parameters.

But what is the E element, can it be found on earth ?

poynt99

Quote from: magpwr on August 16, 2014, 11:49:22 AM
hi poynt99,

I attached the power meter for your viewing pleasure.

No readout and not implemented in the first place because i'm not surprised why the watt meter can't handle pulse current.

It is the primary reason why i was sticking with a primitive fuse to easily show everyone the estimated current needed without blowing the 2Amp fuse.

The scope shot via 0.1 ohms resistor to measure current is even harder for many to see and understand in pulse and gauge current spike.

It's nearly midnight now.Oh dear my Saturday just flew by. :'(
Perhaps that meter only works with sine waves, not sure.

Ultimately what does the wave form look like going into the first components after the IGBJT's? That is across L4/C9 and L6/C10? Levels, PW, and Period? You could eliminate the IGBJTs and FG circuitry and replace it with one PWL signal generator. If you can provide me with a good scope shot of the input, then I can replicate this in PSpice and show you how it can compute average power on any wave form.
question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209