Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Longitudinal Wave Experiment to demonstrate Overunity

Started by magpwr, August 16, 2014, 01:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gyulasun

Quote from: magpwr on August 16, 2014, 10:30:31 AM

I'm not sure how to apply loss for capacitors but i simply put it as 5% tolerance.There is a remark mentioned as mica/teflon capacitor in properties.
The output frequency is reduced as well to around 3x of input.

Well,  you mentioned that you are going to use good quality capacitors for this circuit, if you could find a data sheet for that type which may include ESR (Equivalent Series Resistance), then you could use that value, also inserting resistors in series with each capacitor in the LC chain with that value.  IF you cannot find data sheet, you may use (as a worst case) 0.1 Ohm resistors in series with all caps in the LC part.
The 5% tolerance you chose has no relation to the losses in the capacitor, it simply means how many percent the actual cap value may differ from its printed value (for a printed label of a 100 pF cap the 5% tolerance means that the cap can have any value between 95 pF and 105 pF). 
The remark for teflon/mica cap selection may mean that the simulator treats them with a certain loss which is less than that for the non teflon/mica types, I guess.  Perhaps in the user manual all this is discussed?

Gyula

MarkE

magpwr

Quote from: TinselKoala on August 16, 2014, 11:46:18 AM
I think you may be misinterpreting  me.
You are presenting data to be used in power calculations from scope channels that are _AC coupled_.  This is an error. 

When you select 'AC-coupled' on a scope channel, the scope uses a relay or a switch or a software item that puts a capacitor in series with your scope probe, between the BNC jack and the scope's vertical amp/attenuator stage.

This is what I meant by asking you if you would measure an unknown FE device by putting a capacitor in series with your probe... because that is what selecting "AC-coupled" on a scope channel does.

In some cases the coupling may not make a difference: If you are dealing with pure sine signals that are truly vertically symmetrical about the channel zero baseline. But in most cases, selecting AC-coupled destroys the vertical information in the trace, except for p-p amplitudes.  By switching in the capacitor, you have blocked any DC component in the signal from reaching the scope, and the _average_ of the signal is moved down, or up, to the channel baseline by the AC averaging function of the coupling capacitor.

DC-coupling should always be used for total power measurements and in fact for most scope measurements. AC-coupling is only appropriate for a few types of measurements, such as the AC ripple sitting on top of a large DC offset.

Below I show pix of an antique scope's AC coupling caps, and the slightly more modern Link DSO's AC coupling caps.

hi TinselKoala,

I understood what you meant by adding coupling caps now. :D

I'm glad this device just managed to "pass" the virtual ou test i think after being scrutinize by many engineers which i gladly accept within 24hours of this newly created topic.

magpwr

Quote from: poynt99 on August 16, 2014, 06:14:47 PM
Perhaps that meter only works with sine waves, not sure.

Ultimately what does the wave form look like going into the first components after the IGBJT's? That is across L4/C9 and L6/C10? Levels, PW, and Period? You could eliminate the IGBJTs and FG circuitry and replace it with one PWL signal generator. If you can provide me with a good scope shot of the input, then I can replicate this in PSpice and show you how it can compute average power on any wave form.

hi poynt99,

The igbt is the requirement for actual experiment which i have shown how the waveform would look like in the opening comment for this topic.

There are older versions of this experiment which i was using signal generator which i have posted in Dally kapanadze thread.
I have re-attached the older version 2.0 here for your reference.Please ignore Amp meter reading.

I would suggest you start to find out by experimenting.I don't wish to spoil the fun. ;D

In actual experiment H-Bridge is a requirement.I have not experiment with half bridge yet.

d3x0r

@magpwr
I don't suppose your simulation shows any phase difference between the end and the start of the coils?
In my testing, it actually seemed that the phase of the output was actually ahead of the signal driving it... ( although it could have been 330 degrees retarded ) though it did seem to advance further the longer it went instead of being more and more retarded....

I also had at one point my signal generator was in the middle, and one side would get the normal sin wave character, and the other side would get a back-pulse only... which I never figured out a justification for. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpCwKhto8kI  kinda from 2:53
the left scope is on the 'left' side of the series of 'analog computers'  the right side is on the right hand side...
THe left gets a pulse oscillation from the start of the signal pulse, whereas the right side gets a bunch of pulses after the left side goes flat.  ...

I guess I'll make a drawing to show what I mean; back in a while