Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pulse motor build off time.

Started by tinman, November 15, 2014, 01:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qtrhack

Quote from: TinselKoala on November 16, 2014, 07:29:11 AM
I see the location nearest me is also advertising a job opening for a multitalented person who can do all sorts of things and who has experience.  Wages 11 to 14 dollars an hour, d.o.e.! But the skill set they say they want is worth 40 dollars an hour at least.

well the drive to and from would really honk ... but consider this if it makes sense:  i believe you would get your membership for free if you worked there.  you would really be an asset to teaching i am sure of that.  so you could teach a little and get paid (granted not a heck of a lot) and do research with some of the most expensive equipment around at a bargain.  just my two cents - love your work and would love to see you have the tools you need to carry on and educate us more!!

love your videos!!  you are one of the reasons i got interested going down this path ... still don't understand half of what your saying most of the time but it will come ;)

TinselKoala

Quote from: qtrhack on November 16, 2014, 11:41:51 AM
well the drive to and from would really honk ... but consider this if it makes sense:  i believe you would get your membership for free if you worked there.  you would really be an asset to teaching i am sure of that.  so you could teach a little and get paid (granted not a heck of a lot) and do research with some of the most expensive equipment around at a bargain.  just my two cents - love your work and would love to see you have the tools you need to carry on and educate us more!!

love your videos!!  you are one of the reasons i got interested going down this path ... still don't understand half of what your saying most of the time but it will come ;)
Well, thank you for that kind word. If I lived within a 10 minute drive from the place I would actually consider applying for the position, and I believe that I am indeed fully qualified according to what they listed in the "job description" (if a bit "over the hill" in terms of age). But I don't. I live, as I said, about 120 miles away and the road between me and there is both truly frightening to drive on and goes through a major city with huge traffic jams with no alternate route that is reasonable. For example, it takes only slightly over an hour and 15 minutes to get from my location to the edge of the city in question... then it can take another -full hour- of stop-and-go traffic on the "freeway" to get through that city and make it the extra 30 miles or so to the location of the shop. Making the drive on a daily basis is simply out of the question for me, and that kind of relocation on a permanent basis is impossible at this point in my life.

I am happy that you watch and enjoy my videos, and I am happy to explain further anything that you don't understand about them. I always respond to comments on the videos, so just ask your question in the comments to any particular video and I'll do my best to explain anything you don't understand.

ramset

Tinsel
there was A show on the TV about a similar facility taking root across the country .
In this particular show they were referring to a fellow that would freelance for the group
as an operator ?[charge small fees]

However...
Lets get your stuff back !!
If I do indeed go North to the GDS test ,I will make every effort to Get Your stuff back this way.

I would actually consider Just  "doing it"  if I found a time window...

You do a lot here ....

thx
Chet
PS
Contact me with weights and such ...

Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

TinselKoala

Quote from: ramset on November 16, 2014, 01:16:17 PM
Tinsel
there was A show on the TV about a similar facility taking root across the country .
In this particular show they were referring to a fellow that would freelance for the group
as an operator ?[charge small fees]

However...
Lets get your stuff back !!
If I do indeed go North to the GDS test ,I will make every effort to Get Your stuff back this way.

I would actually consider Just  "doing it"  if I found a time window...

You do a lot here ....

thx
Chet
PS
Contact me with weights and such ...
Yes, if you do wind up going to Toronto for the GDS testing, if you could spend a day or two packing and arranging shipping somehow that would solve a big problem for me. If you can let me know when your travel plans are finalized I can get permission from the owners of the lab for you to visit and they can point out my stuff to you and probably help with packing and such. They aren't interested in helping beyond that, I think. (They do tend to take some days off during the winter holidays though, which might be a problem if your visit is really going to be in mid or late December.) The lab is located within a stone's throw of the Pearson Int'l Airport.
I don't know how much it will cost, though, and as you know I am out of funds totally. However there are three Curta calculators in the stuff and I am willing to part with two of them (an early Type 1 and a later Type II)  and they together are worth over two thousand dollars. I'd like to keep the one Type II that I had fully repaired and refurbished by Jack Christianson at TimeWise, but I could even be persuaded to part with that one if absolutely necessary. It is a rare early black Type II and should be worth 1500 dollars just by itself. But I sure would like to keep it if possible.
The stuff consists of a complete Sherline "miniature machine shop" lathe and milling machine with digital readouts and most every other addon in the Sherline catalog, a fullsize 3-layer Kennedy rollaround toolbox stuffed with tooling and calipers and dial indicators etc. for the shop, some test equipment like power supplies, an oscilloscope or two, some meters and other stuff like that, and including several of my constructions like all the VanDeGraaff machines, the Dirod, and so on. I can't remember if the Nord Lead digital analog synthesizer is still there or not; there may be a few items that my old landlord still has in storage, a few blocks away from the lab. When I left Canada the last time I was seriously ill and could not make any arrangements, I actually thought I was dying and could barely handle getting myself out. Unfortunately I didn't die   ;) , so the mess is still there, and I can't clean it up myself, I need outside help. It's a pretty big job and I have no way of compensating or paying for it other than by selling or offering the Curtas.  I'd guess it would be about two standard forklift pallets full of stuff in boxes, and I think that the lab would donate the pallets and help to box the stuff up and secure it. I have no idea about Customs duties; most of the stuff is actually made in the USA like the Sherline stuff and the Kennedy boxes but a lot of the tooling is from all over the place. It's a complicated problem.
Thanks for even considering it; if it doesn't work out or you decide it's too much trouble or expense I fully understand.

ramset

Tinsel
One way or the other, we'll make it happen!

You can take that to the bank.....[the promise]

Chet
PS
Just to be clear ..
The offer would be for actual out of pocket expense ,door to door !
Also anyone that can offer help [Fuel Lodging Etc]
contact me at
ChetKremens@gmail.com

and Tinsel
I have all experience from Customs to whatever...?
there are no strings attached ,EVER...
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma