Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Are scalar waves BS?

Started by dz93, January 26, 2015, 10:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DROBNJAK

I've explained what 'scalar' means in the [Reply #24 on: Today at 10:21:36 AM] right in this thread. There are examples as well.

Void

Quote from: DROBNJAK on January 28, 2015, 12:36:11 PM
I've explained what 'scalar' means in the [Reply #24 on: Today at 10:21:36 AM] right in this thread. There are examples as well.

Hi DROBNJAK. Yes, I read your comment. It contained some good info.
The discussion here is in regards to 'scalar waves' however. Without a
formal definition of what a scalar wave is supposed to be, preferably by the person who
originally coined the term, it seems there is not too much further to discuss. People seem to be actually mixing
up different concepts when they use the term 'scalar wave' as well. As I mentioned, a longitudinal wave
in a magnetic field or electric field, if such is possible,  would apparently not qualify as a 'scalar wave'.
We can't be sure though without a formal definition of 'scalar wave'. :D

P.S.
Bearden's ideas are considered by many to be fringe science, but at any rate here is a comment on
the concept of a 'scalar wave':
"Well, Bearden says that when Heaviside threw out the scalar part of the quaternionic EM equation, he unknowingly threw out the possibility of unifying gravitation with electromagnetism-- which has been a holy grail for scientists since Einstein himself wrestled with the problem. That's because the scalar part of the quaternion, according to Bearden, was the part that captured or modeled the "stress on the aether"-- which leads to curving/warping spacetime a la Einstein. Tom Bearden says we can unify gravity with EM, and convert back and forth between them, if we understand how vectors and scalars relate to one another and what the ramifications are. "
http://members.iimetro.com.au/~hubbca/scalar.htm

P.P.S. ;)
"From : " SCALAR TRANSLATORS " by Joseph John Misiolek - 05/02/91
        When coverting EM energy to SCALAR, what you are  actually doing
       is attempting  to  create  a  subtructure in which the energy is
       folded in on itself in such a  way that it manifests no external
       net effects  in the manner in which our current  test  equipment
       (single stage  interaction)  is  designed to detect, but rather,
       maintains all  of  its energy  within  the  substructure  itself
       (hyperspace), in other words, SCALAR WAVES.

These types   of   waves  are  quite  capable   of   penetrating
       conventional forms   of   em  shielding  (Faraday  Cages)  while
       remaining quite invisible to standard  (single  stage) detection
       methods.
"
http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/scalwfaq.htm

All the best...

DROBNJAK

Quote from: Void on January 28, 2015, 12:43:11 PM
The discussion here is in regards to 'scalar waves' however. Without a
formal definition of what a scalar wave is supposed to be, preferably by the person who
originally coined the term, it seems there is not too much further to discuss. People seem to be actually mixing
up different concepts when they use the term 'scalar wave' as well. As I mentioned, a longitudinal wave
in a magnetic field or electric field, if such is possible,  would apparently not qualify as a 'scalar wave'.
We can't be sure though without a formal definition of 'scalar wave'. :D

Just imagine any one of the scalar values from examples I gave, to be acting as wave. For example density. If density starts changing in a periodic way, you get a sound or a longitudinal wave. Because fields are derivatives of the scalar, that means that wave in the scalar will produce waves in its derivative, the fields. But reverse would be true, as well. An oscillation in a derivative, will cause oscillation in a scalar.

Now, sound is a common example. But I wander wold that apply to temperature, which is scalar as well. A temperature of a light bulb oscillates with an AC frequency of 50Hz. Would that cause oscillation of a temperature at some distance from the light bulb? Just an idea for a very simple scalar field experiment.

Void

Quote from: DROBNJAK on January 28, 2015, 01:23:05 PM
Just imagine any one of the scalar values from examples I gave, to be acting as wave. For example density. If density starts changing in a periodic way, you get a sound or a longitudinal wave. Because fields are derivatives of the scalar, that means that wave in the scalar will produce waves in its derivative, the fields. But reverse would be true, as well. An oscillation in a derivative, will cause oscillation in a scalar.

Now, sound is a common example. But I wander wold that apply to temperature, which is scalar as well. A temperature of a light bulb oscillates with an AC frequency of 50Hz. Would that cause oscillation of a temperature at some distance from the light bulb? Just an idea for a very simple scalar field experiment.

Hi DROBNJAK. Thanks.  The experiment with temperature might prove interesting.
I understand the concept of longitudinal waves in regards to say sound, but it is more difficult for me to understand in
regards to electric and magnetic energy. Dr. Konstantin Meyl seems to have no problem with referring to
'longitudinal scalar waves'. Meyl has focused on the properties of what he calls longitudinal magnetic waves, but he
also refers to them in general as scalar waves. If magnetic and electric fields are not scalar fields, I am not sure why
he refers to magnetic longitudinal waves as scalar however.

If you are interested, you can read an overview of Meyl's idea of scalar waves in this PDF: 
http://www.petprotector.org/PDF/Scalar-Waves.pdf
Here's an excerpt:
"Vortex model
The Tesla experiment and my historical rebuild however show more. Such
longitudinal waves obviously exist even without plasma in the air and even in
vacuum. The question thus is asked, what the divergence E describes in this case?
How is the impulse passed on, so that a longitudinal standing wave can form? How
should a shock wave come about, if there are no particles which can push each
other?
I have solved this question, by extending Maxwell's field theory for vortices of the
electric field. These so-called potential vortices are able to form structure and they
propagate in space for reason of their particle nature as a longitudinal shock wave.
The model concept bases on the ring vortex model of Hermann von Helmholtz,
which Lord Kelvin did make popular. In my books the mathematical and physical
derivation is described.""

Meyl outlines his mathematical derivation in this PDF, but the math is beyond my level of understanding.
If you have a good understanding of the math involved, maybe you can understand Meyl's mathematical derivation,
and see if it makes any sense to you.
All the best...

DROBNJAK

Yeah, I read Meyl's book, all 400 pages of it. As you say, its math heavy. There is no way around math, it gives you an insight.

Anyway, I was struggling with math as well, when, about two weeks ago, I stumbled on these animated videos. They didn't boggle me down with dozens of instructions, but explained all the vector algebra with nice, intuitive animations. I instantly understood the working principles and worked from there. Here they are:

Grad - Grad, Div and Curl (1/3)

What Is a Field? - Instant Egghead #42

Gradient of a Scalar Field - Dragonfly Education

What is a vector field?? Chris Tisdell UNSW

Gradient of a scalar field

And the unmissable classics:

AT&T Archives: Similiarities of Wave Behavior (Bonus Edition)

Tektronix - Transmission Lines