Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Permanent magnet motor

Started by Jim36, May 18, 2015, 01:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest1289

I have always wondered why no one ever makes  permanent-magnet-motors,  by copying the wheels-with-scoops-propelled-by-water  that are used in hydro-electric-plants,  the Pelton-Wheel ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelton_wheel ),  I would copy and post an image, but I don't understand copyright rules .

(  The difference between a waterfall,  and a magnetic-field,  being that a  magnetic-field has a limited range,   although,   I assume they use a narrow high pressure stream of water  )

Now,  look at the diagram I have posted below  'Hollow Dome.JPG',  the magnetic-field  emanating from the hollow section,  should be close to being flat,  so,  that should minimize the chances of getting caught in a merge-point,  from that part of the dome anyway .
---------------------------

Different subject

Magnet-Motor-1
I have made a correction to  magnet-motor-1,  to minimize the effect of the only merge-point in this motor,  that being the last magnet on the wheel to try and detach away from the strongest part of the stator .
     The  blue-arrow,  shows how thick, the thickest part of the stator should be,  and the rest is crossed out .

Magnet-Motor-2
In the Side-View diagram,  posted below,  I have added a large  blue arrow  showing the direction of travel,  of the Moving-Magnet labelled 'A' .
  Also, you can see I arranged the stacks/rows of  Stator-Magnets labelled 'B',  especially so that at any one moment in time,  Moving-Magnet labelled 'A'  is only affected by one potential merge-point, which would be cancelled out by the effect of 2 other stator-magnets acting upon  Moving-Magnet labelled 'A' .
---------------------------

guest1289

Quote from my post in another thread,  below :
  http://overunity.com/16295/all-permanent-magnet-complete-levitation/msg473463/#msg473463

QuoteWhen I look at my diagram of the Magnetic-Sled( LARGE-FLAT-MAGNET FLOATING ON ARRAY.JPG,  posted on this thread ), gliding over arrays of tiny magnets spaced apart from each other,  I start to wonder if that, or a different version,   could function as a  magnet-motor,  especially if it was arranged in a suitable circle.

I have just realized that my  'magnet-motor-2'  ( my previous post shows the direction of movement ),     that the design of the  'individual stators'  in that  magnet-motor,     could be used to make the Magnetic-Sled mentioned above, gliding over arrays of tiny magnets spaced apart from each other,  to see if it could function as a magnet-motor,  like a reversal of magnet-motor-2
( http://overunity.com/15774/permanent-magnet-motor/msg473357/#msg473357 )

guest1289

Below is the diagram of  MAGNET-MOTOR-3,  the sled is modified to make a horseshoe-magnets,  the horseshoe-magnet  levitates  above the array of small-magnets,  and based on the effect of MAGNET-MOTOR-2  is propelled along .

Nink

This one is very cool.  It uses solar cells to generate electricity to propel a diamagnetic train.  Not sure how many watts are required to keep it moving.  Wonder if some type of energy harvester could be used instead.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tFsrGRwOOM

SoManyWires

Quote from: Nink on February 10, 2016, 08:59:11 PM
This one is very cool.  It uses solar cells to generate electricity to propel a diamagnetic train.  Not sure how many watts are required to keep it moving.  Wonder if some type of energy harvester could be used instead.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tFsrGRwOOM
Uploaded on Jun 8, 2006
Explanation: this is a museum model to demo how a magnetic levitation train works. It takes advantage of four design elements:
(1) an inhomogeneous magnetic field that repels a diamagnetic plate so that it floats about 1 mm above the track,
(2) the shape and size of the diamagnetic plate is optimized in a way so that, with the specific permanent magnet in use, the train is guided even at bends along the track without touching the surface,
(3) a linear motor using a sensor coil and two drive coils to move the train model forward,
(4) solar panels which convert solar energy into electrical energy.

The track consists of three rows of neodymium platelets which are aligned in a way so that the two outer rows are inversely polarized to the middle row on which the train model moves. As a diamagnetic material a thin layer of pyrolytic graphite is used. Pyrolytic graphite is a material which is neither ferromagnetic nor paramagnetic so that the repulsive properties of diamagnetism become effective. The linear motor senses the slight disturbances in the magnetic field between the neodymium platelets of the track thanks to the sensor coil. It switches between the two drive coils to that the model train can move along. The little electricity which is needed for the linear motor to operate comes from the solar panels on top of the model train.

interesting use of low input power there.
sensors and relay switches, low power. wonder how much would be needed for a 500pound or even 50 pound weight, less even.

looks like artwork for a table centerpiece.

make a interesting train set if you could create one with loops and maybe even track changers!
it would sell well to someone into model train sets, from the future!
or just make one to not have a typical train set.

who knows, you might have industrial uses for the floating system.
get it to cycle and it could perhaps store up some energy with coils and magnets to be useful.