Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Gravity powered water generator

Started by Brutus, September 08, 2015, 06:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brutus

citfta:   I just did a remodel according to your specification of the problem areas.  I know you all think it won't work any way but I did address your issues.  Scan 22 is the fix.   Thanks.

bw100007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvK-jL3SzxQ
Each turn dumps into a bucket at the top and would need back flow valves to keep the water from flowing backwards.  In a screw pump you are not lifting the weight of the water you are expending the energy to turn the screw. 

Water always seeks its own level.  lets look at 1 wrap or turn of the screw.  Think of a clear bike inner tube that is 1/2 full of water.  The water from 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock is held in place by the exact amount of water from 9 o'clock to 6 o'clock.   As the tube is rotated the water always stays in the bottom 1/2 of the tube at low speeds. 
As the tube is rotated clockwise the weight of the water from 6-9 o'clock pushes the weight of the water from 3-6 o'clock always staying level through each turn of the screw. 

Lets go big or go home.  Say each turn of the screw is 9 ft in diameter and 1 foot wide and it is 1/2 full of water.  About how much does the water way?

Brutus

bw100007; 
      Yes I think I addressed that issue of back flow with a ball valve.  I just didn't put it in the drawing.  It is just a basic sketch.  I figured I would get more thoughts and decided to wait for further impute before doing a final draft.  I think I will go with a back ward curved, radial type impeller blade centrifugal pump.  And as you say, a one way valve, or else the water will just flow (equalize) down and out the open end of the tank. 
      I don't see how an Archimedes screw can be sealed good enough.  Well maybe, if I had it totally submerged and it only forced water through the pipe with a one way valve to stop the air sucking back in.  Possible.  But that is doing the same thing as the centrifugal pump but longer application. 
      I will use the power of the water buckets  to drive the water pump.  I can set up a system similar to  bicycle step up gearing to get proper rpm on the pump and so by doing that, get the needed  flow rate of water to refill the buckets. 
      I already addressed the leveling effect of water already.   I also did not put a one way valve on the air pump side in the sketch as yet either. 
      It is going to be difficult for me to draw up another total system sketch like my original starting design as I don't have,(as you can see), good skills in mechanical drafting.  But if no one has any further impute into my design and  or possible flaws, I will attempt to do one more complete revised sketch.  But, it will only be different in that I have  tried to enhance  the bucket line to maybe get more thrust with the addition of the extra tank.  Giving it an added air flow power enhancement.  AND, saving a lot of power by pumping the water from the top of the tank instead of the bottom, thus, saving a lot of wasteful energy with the water pump. 
       And I am dropping the rope pump assembly all together.  With the addition of the second tank It is not needed. 
       Still looking at the under water drag of the buckets.  By possibly using collapsible  buckets.  (Maybe leather bags).  To alleviate more of the under water drag.  I am trying to streamline it in every way I can. 
      The math is unknown in this system as yet.  There are to many things like water drag on the buckets.  How much actual lift you get from the air in the rising buckets. the loss due to gears and shafts,  the force needed to turn whatever generator you will be using, etc.  So I can only build the basic model and  see through experimentation how big and how many buckets it will require to run the system. 
       If I were as smart as  the majority of people on this site are,  I could probably get pretty close. 

memoryman

If you were as smart as  the majority of people on this site are, you would know that this cannot work.

citfta

Hi Brutus,

I didn't comment on your latest design because it is clear you refuse to believe that it will take just as much energy to get the water back to the top as you can get out of it falling.  And with the normal friction losses you will lose energy.  It doesn't really make any difference HOW you raise the water to the top it is still a losing situation.  You just can't beat gravity at it's own game.  But until you prove it to yourself I think the rest of us are wasting our time trying to convince you.  So I am done here.   Good luck.  I would love to see you prove all of us wrong but really don't think it will happen.

Carroll