Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

MH's ideal coil and voltage question

Started by tinman, May 08, 2016, 04:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can a voltage exist across an ideal inductor that has a steady DC current flowing through it

yes it can
5 (25%)
no it cannot
11 (55%)
I have no idea
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

hoptoad

Quote from: MileHigh on June 30, 2016, 08:34:33 PM
snip...
How about this Brad:  Straight to your face, NO, the answer is NO.  For the tenth time, I don't have any equipment.  Pound that in to your frying brain.  Does that sound like "ducking, weaving and dodging" to you?
snip...
Well unless you consider $10.00 multi meters as equipment, I don't have any equipment either. Hasn't stopped me from making numerous JT's. Perhaps you don't have any hands either?
So, you haven't got any accurate equipment.? That only prevents you from making accurate measurements, it doesn't prevent you from making things. Surely you've got friends who have equipment to test your 'product' when the need arises. Or are technically minded and equipped friends also absent from your life?
You talk a great talk, but don't walk the walk. That's what sets you apart from people with great minds like TinselKoala who does both.

picowatt

Quote from: partzman on June 30, 2016, 06:20:43 PM
So I guess we can say that the Emf = Cemf because they are always the same, Emf is Cemf in this example so one could also simply say that Emf = dI * L/dt. No feedback required.

It would seem so and I have no problem with magnetically induced Emf or Cemf.  I fail to see a justified Cemf with applied Emf for reasons I've covered in my example in the previous post and because of this view, I also do not hold to an Emf/Cemf feedback control loop with an applied Emf.

When 4 volts is applied to a 5H inductor, current will rise at .8 amps per second.  But why does that happen?  Why does current only rise at .8 amps per second?  What is regulating or limiting the current's rate of change so that current does not increase at a faster or slower rate?

Consider this:

EMF=dI*L/dt tells us WHAT happens.  CEMF=dI*L/dt tells us WHY it happens. 

PW

MileHigh

Quote from: hoptoad on June 30, 2016, 09:15:43 PM
Well unless you consider $10.00 multi meters as equipment, I don't have any equipment either. Hasn't stopped me from making numerous JT's. Perhaps you don't have any hands either?
So, you haven't got any accurate equipment.? That only prevents you from making accurate measurements, it doesn't prevent you from making things. Surely you've got friends who have equipment to test your 'product' when the need arises. Or are technically minded and equipped friends also absent from your life?
You talk a great talk, but don't walk the walk. That's what sets you apart from people with great minds like TinselKoala who does both.

To look at a LED being lit by a single battery?  Wow.  I did that in 1976 with an LM3909.  I have no interest in playing with a scope, deal with it.

hoptoad

Quote from: MileHigh on June 30, 2016, 10:20:04 PM
To look at a LED being lit by a single battery?  Wow.  I did that in 1976 with an LM3909.  I have no interest in playing with a scope, deal with it.
There's nothing to deal with. I readily acknowledge that you can not and will not walk the walk.

MileHigh

Walking the walk is about being able to put forth a proposition and then back it up with reasoning and logic that you articulate on this forum with arguments and examples that can be explained with various diagrams and schematics.  Likewise you can build and test something.  That's the kind of thing that takes place around here, technical discussions and schematics and diagrams along with people building and testing things.  Both approaches are equally valid ways of "walking the walk."  So I can easily walk the walk when I want to, but I am never going to build a pulse motor or a Joule Thief.  Meanwhile, the electronic devices that I did design might still be sitting in oil, gas, and hydro power plant control rooms all around the world.