Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

MH's ideal coil and voltage question

Started by tinman, May 08, 2016, 04:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can a voltage exist across an ideal inductor that has a steady DC current flowing through it

yes it can
5 (25%)
no it cannot
11 (55%)
I have no idea
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

poynt99

Quote from: tinman on July 04, 2016, 01:00:11 AM
As i said, the CEMF cannot be equal to the EMF like it is with the ideal coil.
And as I said, yes it is equal with a real coil too, at t=0.

What i ment by current flow not being limited,was to that like the ideal coil,where the current is !apparently! limited to 800mA /second. As the winding resistance increases,our current trace follows a greater curve.
BOTH the ideal and real coils will be restricted to 0.8A/s maximum rate of current rise if they are 5H inductors, and free of parasitic capacitance. It is interesting that you refer to the ideal coil as being limited, when in fact the real coil is more limited because it hits a maximum current and its rate of rise decreases over time, whereas the ideal coil does not.
question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

poynt99

Here is the real coil (R=1 Ohm) voltage tradeoff traces.

At t=0 ALL the voltage is across the inductance, and 0V across the resistor. That is, at t=0, cemf=emf. And yet, current flows.

After 30s or so the inductance ends up with 0V, and the resistance 4V across them; they have traded places.
question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

partzman

Quote from: picowatt on July 03, 2016, 03:57:52 PM
But then, perhaps not...

Partzman,

There was no "math fudge" needed, everything worked perfectly just as it was.

As for your new model that apparently requires 3 separate types of EMF, you've completely lost me...

Your notation "D", in particular, is most confusing.

PW

This model was an attempt to make sense of the Emf/Cemf feed back loop and D) represents said attempt. Do not be confused by your thought that I don't understand what you are saying because I understand completely, I just don't agree! I knew that my new model was not correct when I created the two Emf sources.

So, in another approach to resolve the matter, I propose we attempt to simulate the inductor that is, not use the internal inductor model(s) in any given simulator, but break it down into functional components as Webby suggests. 

LtSpice is my preference and it's toolbox includes arbitrary behavioral voltage and current sources plus voltage dependent current sources , current dependent voltage sources, etc, so all we need to do is basically establish the model and the math.

I see no reason why this should not be doable and it would be a great teaching tool.

I have attached a schematic that shows the general circuit we wish to simulate and what I believe to be your equivalent model, but I would like you to confirm or indicate any changes that should be made so we can proceed. I am still working on my own equivalent model and will post it as soon as it is complete enough for criticism.

pm

tinman

Quote from: poynt99 on July 04, 2016, 09:05:40 AM
Here is the real coil (R=1 Ohm) voltage tradeoff traces.

At t=0 ALL the voltage is across the inductance, and 0V across the resistor. That is, at t=0, cemf=emf. And yet, current flows.

After 30s or so the inductance ends up with 0V, and the resistance 4V across them; they have traded places.

Either your sim dose not represent an accurate description of what happens at T=0,or you are not looking closely enough.

At T=0,the current will rise with the voltage until such time as the capacitance of the windings has been charged. depending on capacitance value,the current will !after a short time! return to a 0 value,and then begin it's rise over time.

At T=0,the CEMF dose not equal the EMF,as at T=0, the current tracks vertical with the voltage,and then drops back to a 0 value. The time span is very narrow,but it is at and after T=0.

Brad

tinman

Quote from: partzman on July 04, 2016, 09:55:23 AM
This model was an attempt to make sense of the Emf/Cemf feed back loop and D) represents said attempt. Do not be confused by your thought that I don't understand what you are saying because I understand completely, I just don't agree! I knew that my new model was not correct when I created the two Emf sources.

So, in another approach to resolve the matter, I propose we attempt to simulate the inductor that is, not use the internal inductor model(s) in any given simulator, but break it down into functional components as Webby suggests. 

LtSpice is my preference and it's toolbox includes arbitrary behavioral voltage and current sources plus voltage dependent current sources , current dependent voltage sources, etc, so all we need to do is basically establish the model and the math.

I see no reason why this should not be doable and it would be a great teaching tool.

I have attached a schematic that shows the general circuit we wish to simulate and what I believe to be your equivalent model, but I would like you to confirm or indicate any changes that should be made so we can proceed. I am still working on my own equivalent model and will post it as soon as it is complete enough for criticism.

pm

Pm

Do you have a scope,or access to one?

Brad