Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

user TURBO?s replication of Steven Mark?s TPU ?

Started by turbo, November 29, 2006, 04:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AhuraMazda

Quote from: SherlockHolmes on December 12, 2006, 11:12:39 AM
Regrettably, there will be no continuance of the Sherlock Holmes tale on this website.

I have been asked to remove the current postings, which will be done shortly.

Damn Muriati

AhuraMazda

Quote from: EMdevices on December 12, 2006, 11:33:53 AM
Free Energy has to overcome some serious obstacles.

1)  Physics

2)  Egos

3)  Special Interest

How sad,   :'(
You forgot Fear on behalf of some long lost members.

mrl

Quote from: mramos on December 10, 2006, 03:57:29 PM
Quote from: AhuraMazda on December 10, 2006, 01:16:51 PM
Quote from: Groundloop on December 10, 2006, 12:20:53 PM
I use the PIC16F84A. I use MPLAB to write SW in assembler. I use the design program Eagle version 4.1 for electronic design and pcb layout. I use Microsoft Notepad and Paint to create my web site.  :)

Alex,
It is your design but why not use a more powerful PIC like PIC16F877A The are several reasons for my suggestion . You always have room for expansion.
You will have space for incorporating various algorithms, feed back control etc.
You have a USART which one could use for control and monitoring the outputs/inputs.

Because you are not going into mass production, the price difference will not be a hinderance and as it Chritmass I can send you a sample if you want to use it.

Regards

AM

The 16F88 will do all you need, has serial, ADC, IO, more memory (more than you need and speed).  The 877 will take up some space as well. 

I agree for this type project it makes no matter.  But the F88 will be more than enough.  I use 12F683 most of the time (or 629/675), 16F88 if I need more pins.  Have not really needed the 877 until I built an ICD2.. 

It is a nice chip for sure.  Actually for a TPU a 16F84 will work fine, it is just an older chip.  Power saving it not an issue.. 

Looks like we are getting some hardware guy here finally..

I was thinking of using an 18F2555.  It has  USB port on it.  Not expensive and lots of memory.

That way, I can hook it up to my PC's USB port and play with it using fancy software.  I'm still trying to decide how I want to generate the precision infrequencies.  If you use counter timer its too chunky at the upper frequencies.  I'm seriously looking at the AD7741 synchronous voltage to frequency converter.  It will give me the granularity I want and the range I want.  However, I need to control it using a DAC, which are cheap enough, but more time to program and set up and dick with.  Also, with the AD7741 it only has a 9:1 range of adjustment, which means I must further divide it down using some hardware to get the lower ranges out of it that I want.  The hardware is not expensive, but, again, more chips.  It would be a nice infrequency generator though.  Rock solid stability, fine granularity of adjustment, and USB programmable.  You can even build in a frequency counter.

Mike

Groundloop