Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Cadman’s Hydrostatic Displacement Engine

Started by Cadman, June 15, 2019, 05:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floor

Grumage

Quote from: Floor on July 06, 2019, 10:07:59 AM
Basics of hydraulics.

Indeed.

But our ideas employ displacement, what are you trying to explain please?

Cheers Graham.

Cadman

Graham,

(Floor posted while I was writing this. I'll let him explain but he's pointing out basic pressure multiplication or division with one piston having unequal surface area on each of it's faces. Also difference in motions between unequal piston diameters.)
----------------

My analysis.
Double check my figures, but I think they are correct.

Assume a working head of 2 meters
pressure at bottom = 2.844 psi dropping to 2.627 psi after up-stroke

The concertina is made to have an internal surface area of 6 square inches
2.764" diameter = 6 sq. in.

The fixed displacement piston ... has a diameter of 1/2"
1/2" dia = 0.196 sq. in.

The displacement cylinder ... diameter is much smaller perhaps 3/4"
3/4" dia = 0.441 sq. in

Weight of liquid above concertina in the displacement cylinder minus the displacement piston volume
1.923 lb.

Up-force from concertina with transfer valve closed
15.765 lbs at the top of the stroke

Up-force from concertina with transfer valve open
0 lbs

My conclusion:
The inlet valve in the base is not needed.
The transfer valve is the one to be opened or closed at the end of the strokes.
If the transfer valve is the one shifted, then this will work, provided the total weight of the concertina piston plus the displacement cylinder plus the weight of liquid above the concertina is less than the up-force from the concertina (15.765 lbs).
With the transfer valve opened the liquid will seek the level of the head through the displacement cylinder with no upward force exerted on the piston. The concertina / displacement cylinder assembly is free to sink to the bottom of the stroke.
With the transfer valve closed the liquid is separated into two volumes and the head pressure will exert influence on the concertina piston bottom surface and provide 15+ lbs of lift. The liquid above the concertina piston becomes a static weight. If the static weight (liquid plus mechanical weight) is less than the lift force the concertina piston + displacement cylinder will rise.

The issue to contend with is to have a head reservoir of sufficient volume to in order to minimize the loss of head height while filling the concertina since it's volume is much greater than the displaced volume.

Cheers
Cadman

Floor

Quote from: Grumage on July 06, 2019, 10:44:53 AM
Indeed.

But our ideas employ displacement, what are you trying to explain please?

Cheers Graham.

Its great to see the diversity of ideas and designs flowing.
There is more than one way to skin a cat.
I myself, have no intentions of presenting a design or design variations of Cadman's device.

My intention has been to present explanations of the principles involved.  This, in order
to clarify the underlying physics / principles (useful to we, the less knowledgeable in this area).

The various devices / designs / ideas  being presented involve both displacement and hydraulics.

Example: your bellows are a hydraulic pressure (PSI) device.  Gravity acting upon the supply
side tube, acts similarly to the smaller diameter syringe in my drawings (above).  While the bellows
are acting similarly to the larger diameter syringe in my drawings (above).

best wishes
       floor

Floor

Quote from: Cadman on July 06, 2019, 11:09:11 AM
Graham,

The issue to contend with is to have a head reservoir of sufficient volume to in order to minimize the loss of head height while filling the concertina since it's volume is much greater than the displaced volume.

Cheers
Cadman

Just cheat it for now (use a float valve to maintain head height) instead of...

https://overunity.com/18243/cadmans-hydrostatic-displacement-engine/msg535881/#msg535881

floor