Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The two capacitor paradox debate

Started by onepower, September 02, 2020, 01:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatIsIt

Compressed gas is far more accurate representation
of charges and forces between them, which are calculated
with inverse square law.

onepower

V8karlo
QuoteP = U * I
Power is product.
Where do you see inverse square law in this simple equation.
Power should not follow inverse square law.
Inverse square law is reserved for strength of field of charges and should not be integrated into power calculations.

Power is simply the rate at which electrical energy is transferred not energy in itself... so what caused the energy to transfer?.   

QuoteSomebody mixed apples and oranges and as result expect only apples.
Which can not be.
Otherwise, just keep adding voltage in cap and soon you will have so much power that you can power the city from capacitor.

I think your confusing power and energy as many do. Energy is the thing which causes something to move and power is only a measure of the rate at which it moved. Energy encompasses everything not only the rate of transfer like power. Can you calculate why your car accelerates or brakes and the energy required based solely on it's velocity in Km/hr?. Well no power is at best a simplistic measure.

QuoteIs it like that in reality?

Yes, no professional uses simple power calculations they always use Energy calculations which why so many seem confused by the two capacitor paradox.

Regards

lancaIV

Harold " Aspden Notes On Berlin Lecture "

Not full/empty caps but full/full caps dispute !

v8karlo

Quote from: onepower on September 04, 2020, 12:27:16 AM
V8karlo
Power is simply the rate at which electrical energy is transferred not energy in itself... so what caused the energy to transfer?.   

I think your confusing power and energy as many do. Energy is the thing which causes something to move and power is only a measure of the rate at which it moved. Energy encompasses everything not only the rate of transfer like power. Can you calculate why your car accelerates or brakes and the energy required based solely on it's velocity in Km/hr?. Well no power is at best a simplistic measure.

Yes, no professional uses simple power calculations they always use Energy calculations which why so many seem confused by the two capacitor paradox.

Regards

I said that I can only speculate and try to find reason other than losses.

It seems that you know answer and everything about it,
and I am confused why you opened thread if all of that is known to you?

Did you want to hear others opinions, or to find some victim so you can preach to that person how wrong he is?

Neither you or I are right.
Why?
Because it is still cap conundrum and is not solved.
Once when it will be solved you will know that you were right or wrong.
Until then, all your knowing is just as mine, rant on the moon.

But, been pleasure talking with you.

v8karlo

Analogy of water, analogy of compressed gas.
Both share one thing.
The molecules will travel from first container to second until are equal.

Lets put 10m of wire between caps.

Electrons are charge carriers and they travel few meters per second through conductor.

So electrons will travel few seconds through 10m of wire.
But caps will equalize in nanoseconds even if wire is 100m long.

Charges can not travel between caps that fast.

That means that same amount of charges are same in both caps all the time.
Only pressure travels between caps, or voltage.

But in equation we calculate that half of charges will remain in first cap,
and half will travel to second.
While actually all charges stay in first cap and same amout of charges will be and was in second cap, just at different pressure, voltage.
So, no changes in charge amount.

But still we calculate half of charges and half of voltage, which means twice half.

Does this make any sense?
Or is just another rant?