Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Tesla Project

Started by allcanadian, January 22, 2008, 05:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wattsup

@AC

Thanks a heep for your great explanations and the two diagrams.

I will be looking alot closer to this during sunday, but I had a question for you regarding the circuit No. 1.

Why is it that when the switch is closed there is no current going through the cap and transformer primary. It would seem to me that even though the switch is closed, thus it is making a shorter route or route of less resistance from the positive to the negative, it seems to me that the capacitor and transformer primary should till receive some of the, well maybe not current flow but, some saturating action. I can't really say it in the right way but there has to be something going on there during the switch closure. Any ideas?

Ren

"Why is it that when the switch is closed there is no current going through the cap and transformer primary?"

Does current ever flow THROUGH the cap? My (basic) understanding of a capacitor is it is a number of finely spaced plates upon which builds a charge. The positive plate builds up a potential and wants to jump to the negative plate but it cant because they dont actually touch. I probably just showed how little I know by that statement, hopefully people can set me straight. Although with the diode in place the negative terminal is isolated from the negative terminal of the source so perhaps current does flow through this capacitor. I guess Im just trying to question everything....

"in what is now a SERIES circuit that is charging the capacitor "

this comment from AC made me think. Is the capacitor flip flopping from parallel to series connection with the battery upon switch toggling?

I have also been considering where the second switch/relay may be placed as per Erfinders original build specs. Is this second switch part of the circuit controller in AC's drawing? A better way to control the switching, or is it used elsewhere?

So many interesting things happening in such a simple circuit.

allcanadian

@Ren
I think of a capacitor as like a rubber wall between (+)and (-), as the electrical pressure rises on one side the rubber stretches storing this pressure, when pressure is released the rubber wall stretches back forcing a flow of electrical fluid. As such current cannot flow "through" the wall of the capacitor but AC can flow back and forth, flowing back and forth is still a flow thus it is an energy transfer.
Quote"in what is now a SERIES circuit that is charging the capacitor "
This is refering to the series circuit L1, L2, C and the source, what is not apparent is that the capacitor "C" will block a constant flow of current(DC) but can pass AC as the flow alternates back and forth. If the series circuit L1, L2, C and the source battery alternates the current flow back and forth (AC) then we can consider the source battery as acting exactly like a capacitor, It is the source when charging L1 and a capacitance once the circuit controller is opened. The whole circuit including the source battery is in oscillation.

There is something else we should consider, the series circuit L1,L2,C and the source battery has an alternating current flowing back and forth in the whole circuit---- including the large self-inductance which just so happens to be an AC MOTOR. An AC motor utilizes an alternating current flow to produce "work", this "work" is reflected back to the AC generator which in turn must do "work". So where is the AC generator? the large self-inductance and the capacitor C are the AC high frequency generator. ;D Nobody has considered the fact that if the motor had a very low RPM (highly loaded) then the motor cannot reflect this "work" back to the generator as in conventional systems---- there is no conventional AC generator! .In this instance a highly loaded motor , the large self-inductance, can only act as a stalled motor which allows a maximum current flow---this max current flow can either charge the capacitor "C" or charge the high self-inductance, both store this  energy then release it. The motor will act like a large inductor and not a motor so how can it "consume" energy, inductors do not consume energy they only store it for a while then release it.
Think about a commutated AC motor on a electric hand drill, if you stall the motor under high load you will trip the circuit breaker because the motor was drawing to many amps. In a DC motor if you overload it the high amps will roast you motor coils. If Teslas motor stalls in this circuit the most it can do is increase the frequency of oscillation in the circuit through maximum current flow. Make no mistake Tesla was brilliant!

Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

quantum1024

TESLA says....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ON LIGHT AND OTHER HIGH FREQUENCY PHENOMENA

The rushes of current may be of the same direction under the conditions before assumed, but most generally there is an oscillation superimposed upon the fundamental vibration of the current.  When the conditions are so determined that there are no oscillations, the current impulses are unidirectional and thus a means is provided of transforming a continuous current of high tension, into a direct current of lower tension, which I think may find employment in the arts.

This method of conversion is exceedingly interesting and I was much impressed by its beauty when I first conceived it.  It is ideal in certain respects.  It involves the employment of no mechanical devices of any kind, and it allows of obtaining currents of any desired frequency from an ordinary circuit, direct or alternating.  The frequency of the fundamental discharges depending on the relative rates of supply and dissipation can be readily varied within wide limits, by simple adjustments of these quantities, and the frequency of the superimposed vibration by the determination of the capacity, self-induction and resistance of the circuit.  The potential of the currents, again, may be raised as high as any insulation is capable of withstanding safely by combining capacity and self-induction or by induction in a secondary, which need have but comparatively few turns.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This sounds to me Hetrodyning (a the process of mixing two AC signals, creating a third, at a lower frequency which is easier to amplify and use).

What interests me is the arc, here is the perfect million fold amplifier! from wire speed to  light speed through air. think about it!

and again....
Colorado Springs
June 24, 1899

It is based on my observation that by passing through a rarefied gas a discharge of sufficient intensity, preferably one of high frequency, the resistance of the gas may be so diminished that it falls far below that of the best conductors.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and heating the dielectric, changing it's pressure....

Now, as a test - put a match or lighter or candle under the spark gap and watch what happens!!!  this is the ultimate conductor!   /insulator sorta...

of electricity i say...
------------------------------------------------------
The spark gap is what I find most interesting, when in the blink of an eye an electrical phenomena occurs which almost defies imagination. The textures, colors, intensities of electrical power, the breaking of the dielectric barrier, the crack, breaking the speed of sound, the flash of light as electrons and ions are liberated at light speed, LIGHT! from wire speed to dielectric breakdown speed.  This, is amplification by velocity! Both pulse width and pulse frequency can be adjusted. Different materials show different effects, as varied as are the sparks that emanate.

allcanadian

@quantum1024
QuoteThis sounds to me Hetrodyning (a the process of mixing two AC signals, creating a third, at a lower frequency which is easier to amplify and use).
Have you ever read that Tesla was mixing signals? He was not because there is no need, this is very easy once you build the circuit. Take the patent 568177 circuit, now remove the capacitor and you will find a single pulse from the circuit disrupter wil deliver just that ----- a single pulse. Now replace the capacitor and the oscillations will continue ten times longer if conditions are right. These oscillations represent "current" flowing back and forth at the resonance of the circuit, If current is flowing ten times longer then I can only guess that this current flows through the motor and primary ten times longer. Current flowing over time "is" power, if current flows longer then we can say more power has been delivered to the components doing work. The oscillations are dampened but the average current flow is still higher. The biggest problem I have encountered is that this is just too easy.  ;D
I have a feeling from the silence in this thread that some people are starting to get this as well, it's easy just do it.
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.