Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Tesla Project

Started by allcanadian, January 22, 2008, 05:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allcanadian

@popolibero
I would agree the Primary and capacitor do not necessarily follow the frequency of the high self-inductance.
@Ren
In my last post the circuit "is" teslas patent 568177, I edited it to show the secondary on L2.

Here are some pictures of a similar circuit, circuit 1 is Teslas patent 568177, circuit 2 is a DC-DC step-up converter or commonly called a switch mode converter. In these circuits I have shown two sets of polarities, a truth table for polarities, the polarity closest to the top of the picture is the polarity in a charging condition and the polarity below is the polarity in a inductance discharging condition. Notice in circuit 2, the DC-DC step-up converter that the inductor L1 is charging when the switch closes with the (+) polarity closest the the source battery on the left, when the switch opens the inductor L1 changes polarity. Here we can see the polarity of the inductor is such that "it" acts as a source in series with the source battery. The inductor acts like a battery in series would thus the electrical pressure on the capacitor rises above the source battery voltage, but the inductor has very different properties than a battery.
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

Ren

Ok AC,

So in number 1 L1 is the circuit of high self induction, in the case of 568177 the motor coils (and choking coil when appropriate) and L2 is the transformer. I had them around backwards in my head.

I found the polarities you showed very interesting in that they are opposites under different conditions. I feel like that alone is something profound, I cant quite put my finger on it yet, I'll let it sink in.

wattsup

@AC

Pretty neat and just in time. I don't know what is in the air this weekend but I really really needed to take a few steps back to read up and prepare a post on my understanding of "Self-Inductance" as can be expected by this non-EE brain of mine. Thick skull and all. This understanding is the heart-beat of these circuits and Tesla's and Erfinder's emphasis is so wide reaching. Knowing that if I can understand this aspect and master its application, this is definitely key for me and many others.

But here's the problem. I am reading the words, I am understanding the words, but I really really need to see this in action or in animation. So much so that today, after your very timely post, I decided to drop everything and start working on an animation of your little circuit. I have already prepared the main look, which is simple enough and shown below.

I will keep it here on this post and work out the finer movements with your guidance, if possible. If you can take the next post, we could use these two posts until this animation is what it should be. This side challenge will help me and I am sure others to "see" what's going on. We could take it step by step and the adjustments to the animation are simple enough that I am sure this could be done quickly enough. I would simply re-post the new animation on this post and date it to not take up more space on the thread.

The drawing program I use is Corel Draw, make the changes and cut and paste it into a Gif Maker which is a nifty little and simple program to use.

Also if Erfinder or others have corrections, they can also intervene and hopefully we can have something that can really "show" as well as "tell" the story.

Great posts from all. I am beginning to catch this. Wow.

wattsup

@AC

Hope I did not put you on the spot or anything like that. Please forget my suggestion maybe some were waiting for you to take the next post before they posted some other results. So let' s just forget it and move on.

@all

As per ACs diagram shown above, I did some tests with this exact setup. Unfortunately I am having trouble trying to integrate a DPDT relay into this scheme and have it do the switching of the working switch (not the main switch that is a manual switch).

But here's the good part. By simply pulsing manually only a 2-3 times, voltage went up to around 70 vdc off my microwave transformer secondary (S2) via a diode and capacitor. And you can hear the choke (L1) popping or kicking.

The problem with integrating a relay in this design is that when the whole system is started, the power draw on the battery leaves nothing for the relay to click. This is going really deep into the battery. If I put the relay coil in series before the choke coil, the relay cannot supply the current required and nothing happens.

I think what is required for this circuit is another circuit for the switching on a separate power supply, just to see what it will do. But the design itself is sound and it works. By adding any more components, this would obviously not qualify under the conditions set by Erfinder but it does warrant further testing for damn sure.

allcanadian

@wattsup
This may help with your animation, the circuit below is patent 568177, I have included a small blue circle in the circuit where a diode can be placed as represented in the larger blue circle. If the diode is in place(blue circle) we can see the capacitor cannot discharge thus the voltage will continue to rise on the capacitor if the circuit controller is cycled.
If we look at the top circuit we can see the circuit controller is closed charging the large self-inductance (L1) in the direction indicated. I think we should see L1 as having the properties of inertia, like a large heavy flywheel, once in motion it will want to remain in motion --- just like a large inductance it will oppose motion (current) initially and if motion (current) is reduced it will use it's inertia (motion) to try to maintain the current by raising its voltage (electrical pressure).
Next in the lower circuit the circuit controller (cc) has been opened, since the inductance L1 has inertia it will continue pushing in the same direction(red arrows) in what is now a series circuit that is charging the capacitor above the supply voltage-- L1 is pulling from (+) and pushing to ( - ). The inertia of the inductance L1 charges the capacitor, my capacitor charges to about 250 volts with a single switch closure of about 1/10th of a second. :) Now look at the circuit, we have a capacitor charged to 250v and the supply battery at 12v, so the capacitor must discharge into the (+) connection of the battery as this is the only route available to it, this flow is the green arrows. So the inductance L1 is charged in an opposite sense when the capacitor is discharging,  the inertia of the inductance L1 then recharges the capacitor in an opposite sense. These oscillations continue until friction reduces the voltage to zero, but we should remember that the electrical pressure (voltage) drives these oscillations, higher pressure means the oscillations continue longer. Can you imagine how long let's say 10,000 volts would remain in oscillation in your circuit.
There is something else to consider, if the flow is in the direction of the red arrows and the capacitor is charged to 250v, what would happen if the circuit controller was closed at that instant?
We can see the capacitor could then discharge into the (+) of the supply battery "and" the small inductance L2. As L2 is a small inductance it could charge then discharge(green arrows) then reverse direction (red arrows) just as current started to flow through L1(red arrows).The oscillations of L2 and the capacitor help charge L1, the exact moment the circuit controller closes determines how much current recharges the source battery through the (+) connection and how much current charges L2 thus L1. We are talking about large voltage swings in microseconds so the timing of the circuit controller is critical. Also if C is at 250v and this potential is applied to L2 on closure of the circuit controller how can this potential effect L1, we are talking about a single wire between L1/L2 how could L1 not see this potential? or can it? ;D
We should also ask what have we lost in the process? the charging or addition of inertia to L1 charges the capacitor on discharge of this inertia so we have lost nothing but we have raised the electrical pressure(voltage) on the capacitor which is what Tesla wanted, an efficient means to charge a capacitor. :)
Now what the hell could be going on in the secondaries of L2? ;D

P.S. -- My inductance L1 is making a high pitched ping with every switch opening as well .
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.