Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Simple and slow - Seans gravity wheel

Started by SeanTheLight, March 07, 2008, 12:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanTheLight

I had promised a video of my simulated gravity wheel design, and youtube was gracious enough to have converted one of my corrupt avi's into something viewable. Here is that video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlzBxKiEO4k#GU5U2spHI_4

SeanTheLight

Very much so.

I think the easiest way to go about it with limited resources, would be to start with a standard bicycle rim. they have the inner and outer hub, and the raised track that the tire normally mounts against could be drilled to make the hinge. Then cut thin slits into the rim for the cloth (tension) to run through, and attach the cloth the the inner hub with a screw arrangement, so tension could be adjusted until the desired effect is achieved. Next take a flat weight and drill through it on one end, so you can run an axle through that and into the rims outer hub. Glue or weld these axles into place along the rim, so that the weight is still free to rotate along the axle, but the axle itself is stationary. Attach cloth to the tip of weight (furthest from the hinge) via nuts, bolts, and washers (this is a high wear area, but for testing purposes should be acceptable). While attaching the cloth to the tip, I would also want to run a single wire of fishing line around both of the screws (not coiled around either one, a U shape, or 2 90 degree turns), and run that back to the hub, measured so that the weights range of motion is limited at "max leverage" on the down side of the wheel.

repeat 4 times, and adjust the tension in cloth until the weights are near balance, but still able to fold on the 5-2 o'clock range of motion slightly, and spring back to vertical at 12 o'clock (TDC).

In my simulation, it requires at least 4 arms to maintain constant imbalance, but I was unable to create 3 evenly spaced arms, so maybe that arrangement would work. I personally don't think so.

Lots of typing, not a lot of building. Reason being, I live in a small apartment and have no room to construct or store projects. Computer simulations on the other hand, right up my alley for the time being. Suggestions? Comments on why this wheel will or will not work?

AB Hammer

SeanTheLight

Thank you for showing the video.

I have done a similar design and test early in the game for me. You will find that the top paddle that is being flipped and the paddle doing the pulling will equal out at midway of the movement. But you are at least looking in a good direction.

Keep up the good work.

I will be showing a joint project wheel of mine and a friend shortly. Just working out a few minor bugs, like polishing moving parts to reduce friction that is about all I can say.
With out a dream, there can be no vision.

Alan

SeanTheLight

"midway"?

Using the 12-3-6-9 o'clock system, please explain where the gate is occurring. (I don't doubt you, I'd just like to see it for myself).

From what you said, I gather you are telling me that when one weight is at 12 0'clock, the weight being folded in (5-2 o'clock) will equal the springing force of the cloth trying to bring the weight at TDC back into starting position.

The problem I see with this specific explanation, is that the tension in each weight/cloth combo is independent of any of the other weight/cloth combos. So as long as there is enough energy to spring the weight into position at 12 o'clock stored in the cloth itself, and the wheel turns past the 12 o'clock position, the weight will flip regardless of the position of any other weight relative to that weights hinge/cloth.

Where am I understanding this incorrectly?

You know, the weather being as nice as it has been lately.....If I don't score some speed parts for my mustang at the pomona car swap meet tomorrow (and the accompanying installation time to keep me busy), i may just go pick up a bike rim from walmart and start spec'ing out a real wheel.

AB Hammer

@ SeanTheLight

I was going by your video when it changes to the lines. It looked like there was a collar change between the 12 and the 4:30 mark, maybe I miss read the avi. So may be I just gave away a great secret from what I said as well.  O-well. LOL
With out a dream, there can be no vision.

Alan