Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Solar cooling with 2 clay pots ! Very cheap genius idea !

Started by hartiberlin, April 29, 2008, 07:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hansvonlieven

Simply by using the bag as a reservoir and feed the cool water into the jacketed working cylinder, than recirculate it back into the bag. The bag would need to be large with a big surface area.

Hans

EDIT Or simply wrap a rag around the working cylinder and dribble water on it
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

Pirate88179

What about using a peltier junction along with these systems to produce free electricity?  Put the cold side to the cold, generate power, put the hot side toward the hot, more power.  Just a thought.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

ResinRat2

Hi Bill,

That was mentioned earlier in the thread by laci as the Seebeck effect. You mentioning the Peltier effect, or it's related title of  the Peltier?Seebeck effect. Personally I am not sure how to do this. What specific piece of equipment would be used to initiate the electron flow?
I assume you mean a thermocouple. I am just not sure what type of thermocouple to use, and from what I have read so far, the amount of electricity produced would be very small. I might be wrong.

Any suggestions that anyone has I am open to right now. To me this is interesting that you can have the sustained temperature differential.
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

Pirate88179

ResinRat2:

I don't know any more about them except I have seen them in a few surplus catalogs for reasonable prices.  I know they are used in the 12 volt cooler technology (we made some of the original ceramic parts for that) and also, the small things that keep coffee hot.  I know you can power them to have a cold side and a hot side and with no power, if you heat and/or cool the appropriate sides, it produced electricity.  I know nothing of the efficiency ratings for these devices, or, if they are indeed related to thermocouples.  Thanks for telling me the complete name, I did not recognize it by the Seebeck name. I learn something new here every day.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Koen1

@Hans: nice pic of a waterbag :D
When I lived in South Africa I used to go out camping and fishing etc
in the bush every weekend with some friends, and one of them
always brought a couple of oldfashioned leather waterbags along.
He hung them off his bullbar and a tiny bit of water would seep out
and evaporate, that and the cooling effect of the air rushing past it
kept the water nice and cold.

Another 'trick' I saw that guy pull was to dig a shallow hole in the ground,
put your beer cans in the hole, cover it up with sand again, and then just
pour some water over the spot every now and then. The water evaporated
and cooled the sand layer just under the surface enough to keep your
beer cool. ;D

Although of course if you have enough water it is easier to just put the
water in the shade and put your beer cans in the water...

Funny enough the native bushfolk seemed to know the principle of
evaporative cooling too, but they apparently didn't grasp the concept
of condensation to obtain clean drinking water...