Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Converts all organic material and waste to methane leaving potable water

Started by Cap-Z-ro, July 03, 2008, 06:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triffid

Sorry,methane is not lighter than air.Hydrogen and helium are lighter than air.Air is a mixture mostly of oxygen and nitrogen and the other one percent being other gases.But "hot air" is lighter than "cold air" and therefore will float a balloon under the right conditions.Triffid

exxcomm0n

@ Cap

Still an interesting idea and I might be able to drum up business for such a product, but the storage of methane still remains an issue.

I think triffid said something about 1000 PSI compression necessary for liquification, and the amount of energy necessary for that might be prohibitive to practical use for heating/cooking.

Maybe there is a way like using metal hydrides for storing hydrogen that would be mo' bettah?

Something like:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/02/070220132230.htm

(I just like the corn cob angle in this story. There are other methodologies it seems).

I'd have to do more research into what ever happened to the tech (story is from 2007), that I'm not yet at liberty to persue that.

Get something going as well in the area of storage of the resulting gas and this guy will have a hard time keeping up production of the stuff.

I would still like to register my interest in the distributorship possibilities without that (storage) being addressed yet.

There's some crafty farmers out there. ;)
When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.

Cap-Z-ro

That seems to be the ideal storage method for methane excomm.

Appears to be a perfect marriage of technologies.

More info on the process is definitely needed.

Regards...

nueview

i think that methane can be stored in ice and it doesn't have to be all that cold but needs to be under pressure and as the ice is warmed it releases the methane it would be pretty safe as it would have limited burn that you sould control.

gsmsslsb

Quote from: triffid on May 24, 2009, 01:13:55 AM
Sorry,methane is not lighter than air.Hydrogen and helium are lighter than air.Air is a mixture mostly of oxygen and nitrogen and the other one percent being other gases.But "hot air" is lighter than "cold air" and therefore will float a balloon under the right conditions.Triffid

Actually I am pretty sure that mwthane does float in air as it is CH4 which is 4 hydrogen to each carbon.
Also we used to own a methane digester which we used to produce fuel for all our vehicles and tractors and when we were kids we could go to the filling station and get our balloons filled and they would rise out of site in the air.