Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

BREAKING : **~Imhotep~**'s Free Energy Radiant Oscillator Lite

Started by Omega_0, August 03, 2008, 10:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffc

Quote from: jibbguy on August 21, 2008, 10:32:42 AM
Regarding measurements, this is tough in that there are many variables, mostly with the batteries. Remember that these radiant pulses will charge differently than a "regular" charger would. The desulfating "conditioning" effect happens in them; and the very nature of the charge changes a bit. So perhaps the only accurate way is to have 2 identical, new batts that have both been fully discharged/charged a few times by the pulses first; then try to measure the charge levels in the Source and Charge batts. Overwise the quirks of radiant pulse charging could interfere in getting good results.

UL is a joke and has been for a long time. They are just rubber stamps for the manufacturers, who pay them for the "tests". I knew this from past experience, TUV and CSA (Canada) are 10 times more stringent and difficult to meet. You can see this in the cheap lamp fixtures that come from China: They are "UL Approved" but then you look at them closely you'll see things like "Not recommended for bulbs larger than 40 Watts" lol. Jeez, a light fixture that can't even take a 60 watt bulb safely without risk of burning up? With the UL approval stamp "proudly" displayed ;)

Last week i asked my power compay for a meter that reads Real Power. Lol what a tizzy that raised. If they can be believed, the request is now sitting on the desk of the CEO . I also had a question with my bill being too high the previous month, and had a person come out and re-check my meter. When i discussed the issue with him, he claimed to not know what Real and Apparent Power was ;)

jibbguy, thanks for the comments about the batteries.

UL certification is expensive.  It depends on the product type, but it is at least $20,000US per device.  And then many products that produce RF have to be FCC certified as well, about $10,000.  Then each time you make little changes in your product, they have to be submitted again. 

Great job pushing your power company.  Let us know if they ever give you an answer.

Regards,
jeffc

HEYDUDE

Steve (Jibbguy)

The article you referenced talks of putting a capacitor across the CFL for power factor correction. All my bench tests show this is exactly the wrong way to go. It lowered the power factor instead of bringing it closer to 1.0.

The CFL's scope shots show a high peak charging current of the internal capacitor. I was able to raise the PF closer to 1.00 by adding inductance in series with the lamp.

The 14 watt lamps I tested had an uncorrected PF of 0.63. With a some inductance I was able to get near 0.80 PF.

Any attempt at adding capacitance in series or parallel to the CFL made things worse, with PF going down to 0.39

Most uncorrected switching power supplies have high peak charging currents creating a leading PF. It seems they need inductance to bring PF in line.

Top trace is voltage across lamp, lower trace is current. Notice how the peak current leads the voltage creating poor PF. Can anyone comment on this ?

HEYDUDE

This trace shows voltage and current nearly in phase with a 33 mH inductor in series with the lamp. PF=0.80

mscoffman

Quote from: HEYDUDE on August 22, 2008, 12:45:45 PM
Steve (Jibbguy)

The article you referenced talks of putting a capacitor across the CFL for power factor correction. All my bench tests show this is exactly the wrong way to go. It lowered the power factor instead of bringing it closer to 1.0.

The CFL's scope shots show a high peak charging current of the internal capacitor. I was able to raise the PF closer to 1.00 by adding inductance in series with the lamp.

The 14 watt lamps I tested had an uncorrected PF of 0.63. With a some inductance I was able to get near 0.80 PF.

Any attempt at adding capacitance in series or parallel to the CFL made things worse, with PF going down to 0.39

Most uncorrected switching power supplies have high peak charging currents creating a leading PF. It seems they need inductance to bring PF in line.

Top trace is voltage across lamp, lower trace is current. Notice how the peak current leads the voltage creating poor PF. Can anyone comment on this ?

Unfortunately, I was concerned about this.

How does the KilloWatt meter display differentiate between a capacitive power factor, vs an inductive power factor?
The magnitude = |absolute value|. Is there a minus sign?
If it doesn't, that means the whole problem could go back to an original imhotep error assuming that the PF reading was
inductive. Maybe the CFL's have an inherient capacitive power factor rather than an inductive one and maybe Killowatt
meter doesn't differentiate? That is what *heydudes* experiment strongly suggests. Heydude are you in the US, did
you buy your CFL bulb in the US? Anyone care to comment about the meter?

:S:MarkSCoffman

jibbguy

A 2-channel scope shot of the original circuit would show us if the unit you have has leading current capacitive or lagging current inductive (by comparing the phase of the voltage and current traces). It would also show what kind of harmonic distortion was there (which could possibly explain why you couldn't PF Correct it fully).  **~Imhotep**~ did mention to me recently that these may need a slightly more complex circuit to PF Correct for than a simple cap, requiring a hand-full of components. I have not been able to find a schematic for a Euro PF Corrected version yet (they are not published anywhere publicly apparently). Also, i'm thinking these circuits could be finely impedance-balanced and adding a cap may "unbalance" them without the addition of other active components... sending them into increased distortion or phase shift (...although if the circuit was completetly re-designed one would think this would be avoidable). However, caps alone should still PFC for appliances unless a more active circuit was needed to correct for harmonic distortion; which is the other contributing factor to PF but should be comparatively minor in consumer AC motor products.

Edit:
Ah, just saw your traces, very nice btw ;)  Where on the circuit are you getting the current signal from? Just out of curiosiy what is the scope probe , x10 or x1 (interested in the impedance, 1M or 10M and if it has any effect).