Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

voltage amplification by flux exited self oscillating reed switch

Started by professor, September 13, 2008, 12:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nul-points

hi Professor

> Sandy
  You are not a whippersnapper but you hit it right on

i'm glad to see that i've learnt something as a result of my interest in free energy - even if i don't know anything yet about the construction of auto ignition coils!!

the magnetic effect on the contact spark sounds very interesting indeed - it sounds like you're getting to the very heart of the physical properties of electromagnetism!

i guess from your test with my circuit variation that the Xfr secondary polarisation is fixed by the manufacturing method used

as you can see from my scematic, the circuit is based on the secondary polarisation being such as to give a positive output for a positive input (all with ref. to the Vgnd line)

so the fact that you had reverse D2 to allow secondary current to flow indicates that the coils are not configured in that relationship (and presumably the assembly is not made in such a way as to allow any user modification!)

reversing D2 with your coil allows secondary current to flow & re-establishes the output spark - but now D2 is forward biased with ref. to Vin and so only allows C1 to charge up to the forward-voltage drop of the diode (< 1V)

i certainly wouldn't expect my circuit to work if the secondary is not, or cannot be, polarised as shown in my schematic

what i'd expect to happen (with the secondary polarised as shown) is that:
- C1 would charge from Vin each cycle and pulse the Xfr primary
- D1 should both help minimise switch contact wear and also capture primary coil field-collapse BEMF and add to the energy transferred to the output spark
- C1 would discharge again, ready for next input cycle, as spark current flows in secondary circuit

if all auto ignition coils have the same primary/ secondary polarisation as yours - it won't be possible to see if my circuit variation has any benefits to offer

many thanks for trying out this suggestion

all the best with your experiments
sandy

Doc Ringwood's Free Energy site  http://ringcomps.co.uk/doc
"To do is to be" ---  Descartes;
"To be is to do"  ---  Jean Paul Sarte;
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra

professor

Sandy,
As far as I am aware most if not all automotive Coils  are  internally connected in an autotransformer fashion.
Even if your transformer polarization was as shown I think with such a large Capacitor you may run into timing problems.
D2 will conduct through the secondary and transfer any negative going pulses to ground  but what happens to the residual + voltage of the large capacitor assuming it does not have enough time to discharge when D2 conducts to ground.
Since the primary has to conduct before there is a Voltage transfer to the secondary absolute nothing can happen.
Its like standing on a Carpet and trying to sweep underneath of it, at least that is the way I see it, have no way to troubleshoot it to confirm what I am saying.
I am not an Engineer just a Tech. that has been troubleshooting a lot of poorly engineered Circuits and of course when we find it and submit it to Engineering guess who ALWAYS  gets the Credit?
I have worked under Engineers that had a problem holding a Screwdriver let alone were they able to troubleshoot their own design.
Guess you can detect some resentment here, well I have my reasons. 
But as far as Designs are concerned I admit I leave that to those that were trained to do just that.
professor

Quote from: nul-points on September 16, 2008, 02:50:57 AM
hi Professor

> Sandy
  You are not a whippersnapper but you hit it right on

i'm glad to see that i've learnt something as a result of my interest in free energy - even if i don't know anything yet about the construction of auto ignition coils!!

the magnetic effect on the contact spark sounds very interesting indeed - it sounds like you're getting to the very heart of the physical properties of electromagnetism!

i guess from your test with my circuit variation that the Xfr secondary polarisation is fixed by the manufacturing method used

as you can see from my scematic, the circuit is based on the secondary polarisation being such as to give a positive output for a positive input (all with ref. to the Vgnd line)

so the fact that you had reverse D2 to allow secondary current to flow indicates that the coils are not configured in that relationship (and presumably the assembly is not made in such a way as to allow any user modification!)

reversing D2 with your coil allows secondary current to flow & re-establishes the output spark - but now D2 is forward biased with ref. to Vin and so only allows C1 to charge up to the forward-voltage drop of the diode (< 1V)

i certainly wouldn't expect my circuit to work if the secondary is not, or cannot be, polarised as shown in my schematic

what i'd expect to happen (with the secondary polarised as shown) is that:
- C1 would charge from Vin each cycle and pulse the Xfr primary
- D1 should both help minimise switch contact wear and also capture primary coil field-collapse BEMF and add to the energy transferred to the output spark
- C1 would discharge again, ready for next input cycle, as spark current flows in secondary circuit

if all auto ignition coils have the same primary/ secondary polarisation as yours - it won't be possible to see if my circuit variation has any benefits to offer

many thanks for trying out this suggestion

all the best with your experiments
sandy

pese

Quote from: nul-points on September 14, 2008, 02:58:34 AM

circuit cant work.
Diode 2 is in wromg polarity.
This way only the Cap charge up to +12 Volts ...
ant than no more curren can flow via induction coil (transformner)
Pese
Skype Member: pesetr (daily 21:00-22:00 MEZ (Berlin) Like to discussing. German English Flam's French. Special knowledges in "electronic area need?
ask by messey, will help- so i can...

nul-points

hi Professor

> As far as I am aware most if not all automotive Coils  are  internally connected in an autotransformer fashion.

ok, that rules out this transformer polarisation then

>Even if your transformer polarization was as shown I think with such a large Capacitor you may run into timing problems.

for my schematic i just re-used the components from your circuit to give you less hassle in trying a different config - selecting a more suitable value is of course always an option  :)

> D2 will conduct through the secondary and transfer any negative going pulses to ground

in my variation of the circuit, D2 will conduct in series with the secondary, when the spark strikes, current will flow thro' the diode from ground to the 'undotted' secondary terminal - the diode is just intended to provide some protection against reverse-bias across the capacitor

> but what happens to the residual + voltage of the large capacitor assuming it does not have enough time to discharge when D2 conducts to ground. Since the primary has to conduct before there is a Voltage transfer to the secondary absolute nothing can happen.

my idea was that C1 would get discharged each cycle, as the secondary pulse causes current to flow out of the 'dotted' secondary terminal, across the spark gap, back through both D2 and C1 in parallel to the 'undotted' secondary terminal

hi Gustav

> circuit cant work.
> Diode 2 is in wromg polarity.
> This way only the Cap charge up to +12 Volts ...
> ant than no more curren can flow via induction coil (transformner)

diode D2 is in the same polarisation as the secondary shown in my schematic - it is intended to prevent any reverse polarity appearing across C1 but still pass the main spark discharge current circulating in the secondary branch of the circuit - it is not included to discharge C1, the spark discharge current is intended to do that

i don't have access to an ignition coil at the moment to try out the idea, which is why i asked Professor if he could try it as a variation of his original circuit - however, i've just run the schematic, as shown, on xSPICE and C1 is shown as discharging each cycle, as expected

...however, simulator programs were written by human beings, so they can certainly be wrong!

@all
i think we've established that it's not possible to re-configure the ignition trafo to match the polarisation i've used in my schematic, so that's the end of the road for this idea - thanks for your feedback

all the best
sandy

"To do is to be" ---  Descartes;
"To be is to do"  ---  Jean Paul Sarte;
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra

professor

Using only 6Vdc as Source this Circuit will generate a 12mm spark from a 12Vdc Automotive Coil(Toyota) it will also produce 60 Vdc from a 6Vdc Source at point indicated.