Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Downtime 29th and 30th of September 2008

Started by hartiberlin, October 01, 2008, 03:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreeEnergy

why not have a summarized section/category over here? .tk is free but has ads last time i checked, unless you want to spend even more money?
probably better off pointing free-energy.tk to overunity.com or point to the section/category of overunity.com or is this what you had in mind to begin with?

stick with mysql or postgresql. do a search on "mysql vs postgresql" you will find that they are both excellent and it really comes down to personal preference between the two. mysql has features that postgresql lacks, and vice versa.

Paul-R

Quote from: hartiberlin on October 01, 2008, 03:21:17 PM

So now I know, that MurphyÃ,´s law has again truth...
Never change a running system..

Murphy's Law states that if something can go wrong, then, in time, it will.

Your problem is that to retrieve 1k of useful data, we need to download 200k.
This burden, a caravan full of brick rubble, must be born by your system as well
as by us. it makes no sense to me.
Paul.

hartiberlin

Quote from: FreeEnergy on October 02, 2008, 02:59:27 AM
why not have a summarized section/category over here? .tk is free but has ads last time i checked, unless you want to spend even more money?
probably better off pointing free-energy.tk to overunity.com or point to the section/category of overunity.com or is this what you had in mind to begin with?

I want to be on page 1 on google with the keyword "free energy"

I can only achieve this, if I have a domain name which has the
word free energy in it.
As the .tk domain is a paid domain I own it and it will have no
ads from the dot.tk nic.

stick with mysql or postgresql. do a search on "mysql vs postgresql" you will find that they are both excellent and it really comes down to personal preference between the two. mysql has features that postgresql lacks, and vice versa.

I see.
Many thanks for the tips.

I will keep overunity.com running on MySQL anyway, as it seems
the SMF1.1.6
software does not support SQLite in this moment.

free-energy.tk will be running on
SQLite but this will be only for articles and summarizes
of the overunity.com threads.

Regards, Stefan.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

amigo

Hi Stefan,

I am not sure why do you want to downgrade your database from MySQL to SQLite, have you looked at the differences between the two?

In all honesty, SQLite is not something you want to run when you have a site of this size. Matter a fact you wouldn't run it on a website of any magnitude at all. Simple low traffic sites might be able to get away with it but not overunity.com.

And what's with this obsession about ranking on Google? Is this related to making profit or personal prestige?

I thought that it did not matter because that's not why we are all here, but maybe I was wrong to think that?

broli

Stefan,

The forum being up and down is getting quite annoying to be frank. There's not many ways you can mess up a forum for it to be this messed up.