Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A machine to convert gravity to mechanical energy # 2

Started by brian334, October 04, 2008, 01:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AB Hammer

With out a dream, there can be no vision.

Alan

AB Hammer

I think I will have draw up a buoyancy device or wheel. Just to see how close I may be able to get, knowing what I know about effects.
With out a dream, there can be no vision.

Alan

mondrasek

Quote from: brian334 on October 06, 2008, 08:09:19 PM
And at the bottom you will have to supply air at pressure equal or greater to the pressure of the surrounding water if it is to enter the cylinders as they expand
NOT TRUE

Right now when your cylinders reach the bottom they will have a hefty internal vacuum with regards to the surrounding external water pressure. That will need to be equalized with equally high pressure air before taking on the additional high pressure air to allow for expansion.
NOT TRUE

Brian, I think your cylinder mechanicals are very ingenious!

If we assume a cylinder that, when collapsed, has equal diameter and length and one square foot volume, then the diameter (and length) would be ~1.0839 feet.  The surface area of one of the circular ends is then ~.9226 square feet or 132.86 square inches.  If the bottom of the system loop where the cylinder is stopped to expand is at 33 feet deep, then the outside pressure on the tank is two atmospheres, or 2 x 14.7psi = 29.4psi.  Distributed across the circular lower surface of the cylinder that is 29.4psi x 132.86 in = 3906 lbs of force pushing up on it from the outside.  If it came down with only one atmosphere of pressure inside there would be 14.7psi x 132.86 = 1953 lbs of force pushing down on the same surface from the inside.  That's a difference of 3906 - 1953 = 1953 lbs of force pushing up on the bottom surface!  Or you can consider it as 1953 lbs of force pulling up from the inside due to the apparent vacuum inside relative to the outside pressure.

Compressed air must be supplied to divers underwater for this reason.  Take the simple "Diving Bell" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diving_bell for example.

If you do not equalize the apparent vacuum created inside as the cylinders fall, and then introduce compressed air (equalized with the outside pressure at that depth) to fill the volume as the cylinder expands, you must be overcoming the 1953 lbs of force resisting the expansion as well as overcoming the drag of drawing in even more lower pressure air.  I have trouble seeing how this can happen without your cylinders having reached speeds much greater than I can imagine due to gravity while sinking in water before being suddenly stopped.

Thanks,

M.

brian334

Mondrasek,
The distance the tanks fall is about 10 ft.
The diameter of the piston is adjustable , it can be made smaller.
Remember the falling tank only weights 3 lbs more than the liquid it displaces. The tank does not half to expand very much to be lighter than the liquid it displaces.

brian334