Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A machine to convert gravity to mechanical energy # 2

Started by brian334, October 04, 2008, 01:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian334

Mondrasek,
For simplicity reasons I left out some of the details of the machine. There would be a closed valve at the end of the combination stop and breather tube. When the falling tank crashes into the stop the valve would be forced open allowing air from the surface into the expanding tank.
The air in the tank and breather tube are never exposed to the external water pressure.

brian334

As to the size of the piston, I don't know how big the piston would be.
Hopefully big enought to displace more than 3 lbs. of water.

brian334

Mondrasek,
Hypothetically speaking, what if the falling tank only weighted 1 gram more than the liquid it displaces.  The tank would fall very slow. Forget the momentum of the 64 lb weight.
When the tank got to the bottom the 64 lb weight would still be at the top of the tank.
As the 64 lb. weight falls from the top of the tank to the bottom how much work could it do. Enough to increase the displacement of the tank by more than 1 gram?

mondrasek

Brian,

On a cylinder 4.2733 inches in diameter and at a10 ft depth, the force due to the surrounding water on opposing the expansion of the cylinder on one circular end is 64lbs.  Connecting the air in the cylinder that is at one atmosphere to the surface air also at one atmosphere does not change that one bit.  The pressure of the water at 10 feet deep is 4.454 psi greater than the air in the cylinder and surface, always.  Only a supply of compressed air to the cylinder will equalize and/or eliminate this opposing force.

So to have a cylinder that will expand under just a 64 lb weight as in your design at a depth of 10 feet it would need to have a diameter less than 4.2733 inches.  BTW, at 4.2733 inches in diameter, a lead weight of 64 lbs would be 10.87 inches long.  So the length of the cylinder must be longer than that at least.

No cylinder of a larger diameter could expand at 10 ft in depth.  The deeper you go, the smaller that cylinder must become for the expansion to be possible.

One other thing to consider:  For a cylinder to have a volume of 1 cubic foot and a diameter of 4.2733 inches it would need to be 10.02 ft long.  I guess it would be at least 10.87 inches longer than that if it had the lead weight inside.  Of course all the wall thicknesses, cables, pulleys, and other mechanisms are ignored for this hypothetical case.

M.

brian334

Mondrasek,
You lost me on that last post, I don't get any of it.
Don’t forget the falling 64 lb. Weight has momentum.