Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Robert Alexander Motor/Generator

Started by allcanadian, October 21, 2008, 09:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allcanadian

Robert Alexander
Method and apparatus for increasing electrical power

The patent information can be found at this link:
http://www.rexresearch.com/alxandr/alexandr.htm

I have modified the patent picture to show the general layout, the armature depicted in gray is a transformer wound with both primary and secondary windings. The primary windings (black) are switched through a commutator connected to a DC source. The secondaries (red) are not switched but the AC current is directed from the device through slip rings. The reason this device can work as stated is because the DC current pulsed through the primary will induce a voltage in the secondary windings like a conventional transformer. The armature can act as a transformer because it is in the region "between" the magnetic poles refered to as the bloch wall. The bloch wall is a region having no magnetism and can be considered as impolar. If the armature is energized outside this region then the permanent magnetic poles will influence the armature and losses will result. In the same instance the primary is inducing a current in the secondaries it is also producing an accelerating force on the armature towards the PM poles---It is acting as a motor and transformer in the same instance and can do this because the force is applied near the bloch wall. Next the commutator disconnects the primary current and the armature is attracted to the PM poles at which point a current is induced in the secondaries only as the primaries are disconnected. At this point the armature is acting as an AC generator because the armature coils are moving in a permanent magnetic field. If we look at this sequence of events it becomes obvious that the armature will act as a motor/transformer/generator in this order exactly twice per revolution. If we need to concieve a gain of some sort then this gain is due to the fact that the input is added to the output through induction. The input has also provided an accelerating force on the armature to drive the generating action. It should also be apparent that there is no mechanical driver in this device, the input to the primaries drives the device. I have built this device using a 12v/120v transformer cut down to form an inductor as the armature, the transformer is rotated between a permanent magnetic field. For the stator I used a large transformer cut down to form a "C" and neo magnets attached on the inside of the "C" core. To allow rotation of the armature/transformer I attached plastic plates to the side of the transformer which hold bearings and allow the armature to rotate freely. The commutators are copper shim stock attached to plastic end plates and the brushes are carbon arc welder gouging rods (1/4") which make excellent brushes and can be soldered as they have a copper sheathing. I have moved on to a brushless version of this motor/generator which is currently being tested and data will be posted as it becomes available.
Regards
AC

Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

Jdo300

HI Allcanadian.

Great find you have here! I remember coming across that patent before but I never payed it much attention though I noted that the DC bias on the generator core was very interesting. At the time, I wasn't sure how to interpret what I saw but after looking at the second picture you attached, I thought of a different but possibly similar idea. It could be acting as some kind of magnetically balanced Generator where the DC field winding could be balancing out the mechanical forces from the armature magnets.

Here's an idea I thought of while looking at the patent picture:

I believe that what will happen is the rotating rotor will still cause a changing magnetic field on the rotor magnet which the coil is wrapped around, but as the coil generated power, it's magnetic field simply adds to or subtracts from the field of the rotor magnet, which remains in balance at all times with the armature. So no matter how much power is pulled from the coil, the system maintains balance which could reduce or practically eliminate the drag force!

I could be missing something simple here but take a look and let me know what you think :-).

God Bless,
Jason O

AhuraMazda

I tried to research furher into this and came across patent US4885526 which has some very revealing information and uses Alexander's patent as a reference.
The workings are described very crealy in this one.

gyulasun

Hi Folks,

Good catch Ahura  and the inventor is Leslie Szabo the creator of EBM (energy by motion) generator claimed to be ou.

I think the EBM machine is in this patent: http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=CA2131961&F=0

Here you can freely download the US4885526 Ahura mentioned :  http://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat4885526.pdf

And this is also a good link on Szabo's generators: http://www.rexresearch.com/szabo/szabo.htm

rgds, Gyula

petersone

Hi Jdo300
I like your idea,but as you draw current from the coil would that not increase the repulsion and decrease the attraction? God I hope I am wrong!!!
peter