Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeanna

Gadgetmail, I rated it and commented. I finally got through. I guess I had clicked deny one too many times to youtube cookies --- and gmail too. I found it. OK on both counts. what a trip.

@Bill, don't you have a very IN focus pic of the fuji circuit that gadgetmail could use to show the place where he added the cap?

I just cannot see it. I haven't pulled out my fuji boards for more than a half hour, I admit. I am seriously trying to do this with the little toroid, but, I am sure I will learn a lot by getting the fuji board figured out. That is why I am asking.

@GM if Bill doesn't have a good in focus shot of the part you modified, I will take a pic with the xo cuz the pics from that xo are really good. Please, I am still not sure of the cap placement on that transformer.

(I loved your video.)
thanks,

jeanna

slayer007

I wound another toroid today.
The joule thief was the same but the pickup coil I made biger.
This one was eight layers thick.

I didn't make a video of it but it does light the cfl a lot brighter.
So I guess you should try to make your pickup coil as big as you can.

Pirate88179

Jeanna:

You mean these?  This was before I cut the diode and also mounted my other lead to the pin on the transformer and the trigger coil.  I think these are the most clear shots I have though.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Pirate88179

Here is one after my other modification.  This should be better.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

electricme

@ all the world.

Bush Fire toll in Australia is at 181 dead and climbing, Police Commissioner said there were about another 15 bodies, she said the coroner has been advised to have at least 300 places avaliable, awful this.

They found a hall filled with bodies, several towns been obliberated, wiped out, nothing but ashes and cinders, this needs to be confirmed.

Funerals are going to be hard going.

So many countries have offered help, makes one feel so humble, so good knowing there are people out side of Australia who care.

@ Bill
I see someone has posted a photo of the geranimum diode, Bill, this diode is a glass encapusalated device, you can even see the "cats whisker" inside it. These can be found in transister radios, look in the IF section, around the tuner section.

jim
People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.