Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Lenzless rotation using radially (update: axially works too) magnetized PM.

Started by broli, February 02, 2009, 04:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khabe

Nice and old idea,
But when you try to go on and to make any real construction, even real drawings ... then you will find out only next and next big problems after anothers >:(
Try to draw it with shaft inside of inner rotor whats connected with outer rotor and all needed bearings, frames, all what must to run or fixed, then ...
... try to add flux returning (ferrous) parts, if you like to get more serious results,
At that at least today it is impossible to magnetize Neo magnets likely, you have to use segments.
When you are placing the last segment (its very difficult  :-\  but OK, you can do it) - you will find out that your nice ring did come totaly very loose >:(
Myself I experimented with such kind of magnets when tried to construct an linear motor/actuator
But you try,
Perhaps you have more luck than previously tryed guys 8)
cheers,
khabe

0c

I'm having a hard time locating some of those radially magnetized rings. Anyone have a good source?

broli

Yeah that's the main issue right now. I get a lot of patents and papers about processes but find little actual products.

Forgot to add that the smaller the distance between the magnets the better. There's no way this field would be uniform in practice, but by also decreasing the flux area towards 0 one can have little to no lenz effect.

Liberty

Quote from: broli on February 02, 2009, 06:58:02 PM
Yeah that's the main issue right now. I get a lot of patents and papers about processes but find little actual products.

Forgot to add that the smaller the distance between the magnets the better. There's no way this field would be uniform in practice, but by also decreasing the flux area towards 0 one can have little to no lenz effect.

If used as a motor, there is no pole to pull to or push from for thrust.  As a generator, it has a constant or near constant field, and would generate little or no power.  However, if you spin coils in there, between the magnets, and spin the output of the coils and use a stationary brush to tap the coils power output, it might act as a type of faraday generator?
Liberty

"Converting Magnetic Force Into Motion"
Liberty Permanent Magnet Motor

broli

After I went to bed for sleep I realized that a radial field wasn't needed at all. So here is the method to use with axial magnetized ring magnets. See below. Obviously the lower part has to be weakened a bit for maximum effect but this is easy peasy by putting it in a magnetic pot. See simulation.