Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Toroidal Motor

Started by gravityblock, February 17, 2009, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jadaro2600

Quote from: broli on April 01, 2009, 06:13:45 PM
Make sure the door doesn't hit you on the way out.

...just blow it out your ass (already).

You have yet to explain...

gravityblock

Quote from: Low-Q on April 01, 2009, 03:23:18 PM
I think I said that a toroid generator cannot be used as a motor. I can explain why this is the case if you want.

Vidar

Quote from: Low-Q on March 20, 2009, 02:14:33 AM
These kind of generator broli has drawn can work as generator but not as a motor. If I remember correctly.

I don't think you was referring to a normal toroid generator.  This toroid generator, the one we're working on, is based on the principals of the homopolar generator, where the magnets spin on their magnetic axis.  The statement you made, "these kind of generator broli has drawn", is in direct reference to what we're working on and nothing else. 

Also, if what you say makes the homopolar motor rotate is true, then it must also be true that the electrical current would cause the magnets to spin in the homopolar generator, but that is not right.  I'm not trying to prove you wrong.  I am only trying to point out what I see as a discrepancy in what you have said, so I can understand the difference.

I guess we need a name for the type of generator and motor we're working on, to differentiate it from the others.

It doesn't really matter who is right or wrong in regards to what makes it rotate, as long as we know and understand that the principals work, in causing rotation.  We're arguing about, if the chicken or egg came first.......lol

I think you understand the potential, benefits, and viability of what we're working on.  Let's continue to work on the shielding aspect of it, in order to bring this device to reality.

I think the Halbach-array that broli mentioned earlier for the shielding, is interesting and promising. 
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

Low-Q

Quote from: gravityblock on April 01, 2009, 08:32:49 PM
I don't think you was referring to a normal toroid generator.  This toroid generator, the one we're working on, is based on the principals of the homopolar generator, where the magnets spin on their magnetic axis.  The statement you made, "these kind of generator broli has drawn", is in direct reference to what we're working on and nothing else. 

Also, if what you say makes the homopolar motor rotate is true, then it must also be true that the electrical current would cause the magnets to spin in the homopolar generator, but that is not right.  I'm not trying to prove you wrong.  I am only trying to point out what I see as a discrepancy in what you have said, so I can understand the difference.

I guess we need a name for the type of generator and motor we're working on, to differentiate it from the others.

It doesn't really matter who is right or wrong in regards to what makes it rotate, as long as we know and understand that the principals work, in causing rotation.  We're arguing about, if the chicken or egg came first.......lol

I think you understand the potential, benefits, and viability of what we're working on.  Let's continue to work on the shielding aspect of it, in order to bring this device to reality.

I think the Halbach-array that broli mentioned earlier for the shielding, is interesting and promising. 

The dinosaurs laid eggs way before the chicken was "invented", so the egg came first :)

Do you have a suggestion what this new generator should be named? Homoidal generator, or something? ;D

Vidar

Pageygeeza

I was thinking of the same thing myself as a dc generator.  I'll keep this as simple as possible.  Once the toroid is wound it is placed into a hole the same size as the wound toroid so it fits nice and snug, two plates on a shaft running through the toroid sit above and below the ring.  The two plates have different polarity magnets on, so the top could have all north facing magnets towards the ring and the bottom has south facing upwards.  The whole idea is that the north facing magnets push the current in one direction and considering they're on a ring they will all be going in the same direction and the south will push the current in the opposite direction on the opposite side.  What'll happen is the  current will be continually pushed around the coils. You could easily wrap more coil around it for more power.

broli

Quote from: Pageygeeza on April 18, 2009, 05:24:23 PM
I was thinking of the same thing myself as a dc generator.  I'll keep this as simple as possible.  Once the toroid is wound it is placed into a hole the same size as the wound toroid so it fits nice and snug, two plates on a shaft running through the toroid sit above and below the ring.  The two plates have different polarity magnets on, so the top could have all north facing magnets towards the ring and the bottom has south facing upwards.  The whole idea is that the north facing magnets push the current in one direction and considering they're on a ring they will all be going in the same direction and the south will push the current in the opposite direction on the opposite side.  What'll happen is the  current will be continually pushed around the coils. You could easily wrap more coil around it for more power.

I think you're describing this concept...

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6847.0;attach=31902;image

illustrated is a single winding. But I still have to stress that the shielding is the important part. If the shielding does what I think it does this idea should be a solid one.

I have come a long way but I still have not fully solved the puzzle yet. I have some other designs that I will share later on.