Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Perfect Spacecraft

Started by onthecuttingedge2005, June 10, 2009, 01:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triffid

Nature provided us with free fusion power from the star we call the sun.While I hear talk about solar sailing which could take us to other star systems by itself alone. I hear no talk about using solar powered rockets to get us to Saturn at least.How hard is it to focus sunlight onto a coil and push water through it,using the sun's heat to convert into steam?Why are we so blind when it comes to using the fusion power of our own star?Why can't we see the sun as a power supply?Triffid

the_big_m_in_ok

onthecuttingedge2005 (Jerry) said:
...the vehicle is a Light propulsion powered ship. not gravity.
...so much light energy that it would melt you. :)
Years ago, Keith Laumer(I believe), the Sci-Fi book author, wrote a novel about the initial confrontation between a warlike race(the Kzin?) and humanity.

The human ship was using an engine like---as you suggested---a huge flashlight or 60" search light.  The humans, otherwise unarmed, used the ship engine like a powerful  :o :o  laser to incinerate the alien ship's "bridge" and crispy-fry the alien captain.  ;D ;D ;D

The major feature, and my point being, the human ship accelerated at a rate of about 1/100 of a 'G'.  Your proposed spacecraft would necessarily be required to be built in orbit for starters, right?
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

onthecuttingedge2005

here is the birth place of real lightship technology, the birth of it was developed as having it's energy transfered by a powerful LASER.

the end result of this technology uses self powered systems such as fusion power plants and varies Radioisotope energy systems to power a special light projection system that is similar but more advanced and better futuristic materials, perfect mirrors are one.

Super optical materials are also a must for trapping light and such materials are in their birth states as well, super dielectric mirrors and optics.

if you want to start in the right direction then watch these videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPM7wJAhovM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAdj6vpYppA&feature=fvw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q07kZS13DEc&feature=related

it is only the beginning, NASA and Aerospace will continue this technology until it is perfected and self powered. NIF is also a factor in studying the power means for which to power the light Ship, they have already perfected the means to grow specialized crystals.

Aerogels are "Holy" materials that will make dreams come true. Efficiencies will skyrocket when super Aerogels take the place of normal materials.

also, firing a LASER at the perfect spacecraft only makes it more powerful because it will trap and utilize its energy for systems. it won't hurt it.

Jerry ;)

the_big_m_in_ok

onthecuttingedge2005 (Jerry) said:
...also, firing a LASER at the perfect spacecraft only makes it more powerful because it will trap and utilize its energy for systems. it won't hurt it.
Can you be more specific?  How could this be done?

Allow me to make an offhand point:

I read awhile ago,

"How do you burn through a mirror with a laser?   Answer:  Use a very, very  powerful laser."

Unfortunately, I know of no technology that can absorb that kind of energy and not remain undamaged.  Think of your perfect spaceship falling into the Sun?  You see my point?  Same analogy.

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Big M.
just as there are superconductors for Electricity there are also undiscovered materials which superconduct photons, they are known as Super optics which are super dielectric reflective systems that are cooled to become Super PhotoConductive, they would trap Photons into a perfect circle trap until it is saturated. this technology is also in its birth stages but continued research in the field will perfect the technology for the perfect spacecraft.

Super cooled Dielectric Mirrors are what you want to study in this area or field or field of study. it is not just mirrors but plate type and or Fiber optical and or flat Freznel type optical systems as well. there will be many types of this technology to study but it is the Super Dielectric Aerogels made of this material that will skyrocket the efficiencies of the perfect spacecraft.

also there will be Super Aerogels grown from nanotubes, buckyballs and exotic materials that are in the birth stages. Super Aerogels with hardness far surpassing standard material and made into thin film materials grown directly on to surfaces of the spacecraft.

Trap light and then redirect it.

Holy Holy Holy, so they say.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHnen2nSmDY

Jerry ;)