Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

New Moon photos , do they really show the Apollo landing gear ?

Started by hartiberlin, August 26, 2009, 11:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hansvonlieven

As far as I know they have used the Hubble telescope to look for signs of the moon landings without success.

Whilst I appreciate that the resolution of the telescope is insufficient to make out footprints left behind the question arises why the moon buggies have not been spotted.

According to NASA three of these vehicles were taken to the moon and left there.

Why can they not find them because to spot these vehicles the resolution of the telescope is good enough.

Where are they?
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

utilitarian

Quote from: hansvonlieven on August 27, 2009, 10:17:43 PM
As far as I know they have used the Hubble telescope to look for signs of the moon landings without success.

Whilst I appreciate that the resolution of the telescope is insufficient to make out footprints left behind the question arises why the moon buggies have not been spotted.

According to NASA three of these vehicles were taken to the moon and left there.

Why can they not find them because to spot these vehicles the resolution of the telescope is good enough.

Where are they?

Here is what NASA has to say about this issue.  From:
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2005/11jul_lroc.htm

"And why haven't we photographed them? There are six landing sites scattered across the Moon. They always face Earth, always in plain view. Surely the Hubble Space Telescope could photograph the rovers and other things astronauts left behind. Right?

Wrong. Not even Hubble can do it. The Moon is 384,400 km away. At that distance, the smallest things Hubble can distinguish are about 60 meters wide. The biggest piece of left-behind Apollo equipment is only 9 meters across and thus smaller than a single pixel in a Hubble image."

But we will see what they can do now.

hansvonlieven

I guess I was wrong about Hubble. I thought since the last lot of improvements they were capable of doing this. Thanks for pointing it out.
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

hartiberlin

I really ask myself, if Hubble is really so bad in resolution.. ?

Why can it zoom so far into Galaxies, but not show the rovers on the moon ?

Well, is there any trick to photograph the moon with 2 synced digital DSR cameras
placed a few kilometers apart here from earth ?
Could one then use the trick that also radiotelescopes use to receive weak signals
as they are "stacked and interleaved" together ?
Could thus the distance of the 2 cameras help to increase the zoom factor ?

Maybe it could be done this way via hobby equipment to photograph the landing
sites from earth in clear weather conditions on a mountain where the air is already thin ?
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

onthecuttingedge2005

Quote from: hartiberlin on August 26, 2009, 11:28:58 PM
Here in this picture the guy who photoshoped this picture
used the wrong direction of the shadow !!!!
The shadow should go to the left and not to the right direction !

What a poor fake !

http://asunews.asu.edu/files/images/APOLLO14-4ASUWEBPAGE_stretch.jpg

Compare it versus the other shadows of the surounding hills !

Man, how can you fake this so poorly !

Hi Hart.

I think those are craters not hills, this creates an optical illusion that the shadow is on the wrong side because the lander is tall and upright.

only solution I have at this point.

Jerry