Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Some thoughts on a homopolar idea.

Started by broli, November 18, 2009, 08:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravityblock

Quote from: broli on November 19, 2009, 08:50:20 AM
I believe that this idea is very unique as it exploits a special force.

Are you referring to the drawing you first posted in this thread, or the drawing I modified from DreamThinkBuild (DTB)?

There may be a way to brute force the counter torque with a gear.  It's called a worm gear.  In a worm-and-gear set, the worm can always drive the gear. However, if the gear attempts to drive the worm, it may or may not succeed.  I know the gear will introduce friction into the system, but I'm sure the friction would be much less than taking the full force of the counter torque.  Just a thought.

GB
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

jadaro2600

These are my word of encouragement: Keep up the good work.

gravityblock

@broli:

Two simple questions for you.  In your illustration, if the magnet wasn't glued to the disc and the magnet could freely rotate on a separate axle, would the magnet rotate when current is flowing in the small disc?  Would the small disc rotate?

If you can't answer this question, then maybe someone else can.  My previous question to you in my other post is still unanswered.  I am sincere at getting to the bottom of this counter torque issue, but we need to have a discussion if I am to learn anything.

A simple yes or no to those questions will be good.  This will help me to understand the forces at play.

Thanks,

GB
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

broli

Quote from: gravityblock on November 19, 2009, 09:14:36 AM
Are you referring to the drawing you first posted in this thread,

Yes.

Quote from: gravityblock on November 20, 2009, 04:34:23 PM
@broli:

Two simple questions for you.  In your illustration, if the magnet wasn't glued to the disc and the magnet could freely rotate on a separate axle, would the magnet rotate when current is flowing in the small disc?  Would the small disc rotate?

Here are some cases.

Case 1: magnet and disc glued
Result: magnet+disc rotates and a force acting on outside circuit.

Case 2: both magnet and disc are attached to independent axles
Result: magnet will remain stationary while disc rotates
Reason: Disc and magnet exert force on each other, this causes disc to rotate...but outside circuit also exerts force on magnet, thus canceling out first force cause by disc, resulting in magnet remaining stationary.

Case 3: magnetless setup
Result: http://www.electricstuff.co.uk/bbmotor.html (minus the heat theory crap)
Reason: When disc is given initial spin weak but present magnetic field is made, this causes a force on outside circuit and results in torque on disc. Stefan shows that 100's of amperes are needed, in my views this is logical since the magnetic field caused by initial rotation is tiny. Of course this can have some interesting anomalies since what is causing the back emf now, if there even is such a thing.

You won't find these cases or reasons on wikipedia.

Edit: added another case.

gravityblock

@broli:

Thank you for the answers.  The "results" are what I expected and just wanted verification so I am on the right path.  I'm starting with the basics and will be moving to more complicated issues.

You said the magnet would rotate in Case 2 due to the force being exerted on it by the disc, but the force from the external circuit would be in the opposite direction on the magnet, thus canceling the forces with no net rotation of the magnet. 

That makes total sense, but here's the catch.  If the magnetic field of the magnet remains stationary while the magnet is rotating, then why would the magnet rotate if the magnetic field had a force exerted on it?   Either way, if the magnetic field rotates or remains stationary due to the forces being exerted on it from the disc and/or external circuit, the magnet wouldn't rotate.

So, my next question is, Does the force from the disc and external circuit act on the electric field of the magnet or the magnetic field of the magnet?  If the forces act's on the electric field of the magnet, then the magnet's rotation is canceled.  If the forces act's on the magnetic field of the magnet, then the rotation of the magnetic field is either canceled or it remains stationary with either force.  The importance of this should become clear when we discuss the counter torque, BEMF, and other issues.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer these questions.

GB