Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

oil spill idea

Started by overtaker, June 07, 2010, 06:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overtaker

What do you think about using Liquid Nitrogen to stop the leak?
Possibly sending several thin canasters of Liquid Nitrogen and oxygen DEEP into the well with a mechanism to break the canasters. Would it freeze the oil long enough to follow up with heavy mud and a cap?  Would it shatter the pipe?  I know it is a hair brained idea but what do you think?

Thanks   :)

AB Hammer

Quote from: overtaker on June 07, 2010, 06:22:44 PM
What do you think about using Liquid Nitrogen to stop the leak?
Possibly sending several thin canasters of Liquid Nitrogen and oxygen DEEP into the well with a mechanism to break the canasters. Would it freeze the oil long enough to follow up with heavy mud and a cap?  Would it shatter the pipe?  I know it is a hair brained idea but what do you think?

Thanks   :)

Overtaker

I am in communications with BP and I will pass your idea in your name to them as well.
But the smaller doses are better so it possibly make the oil more into an oil ice cream slug could have possibilities. but to much and it will fracture the pipe line IMO. Think of freezing water in your house and this could have a similar effect. It would have to be inserted by a guide to keep it away from the walls of the pipe.  I do agree it might help with the top fill method.

Alan

PS the Congressman's office put me in touch with BP today.
With out a dream, there can be no vision.

Alan

mr_bojangles

smash the pipe with a hydraulic ram so it flattens out and stops it, i call it the KGH effect

,,,,,,,,,(Kinked Garden Hose),,,,,,,,,hah
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." 
-WC Fields

wattsup

Incredible that someone here will open a thread on that question. Just yesterday I went on BPs web site and sent them an idea.

Basically, all these ideas are stupid, except mine. ha ha ha

What they need to do immediately is to stop the oil, not from leaking out that pipe at 5000 psi, which is a loosing proposition, but to stop the oil from escaping a sort of sarcophagi from which they can then pump the oil up while they drill those two wells. Top hats won't work. They need to quickly put a dome around the whole area and high strength Gortex type material is available immediately and can be made very quickly into such a system.

I put a diagram here;
http://purco.qc.ca/ftp/Wattsups%27%20stuff/Gulf-Oil-Spill/

Just click on the jpg file.

wattsup

mscoffman

@All

That idea of creating an frozen oil plug until concrete
can set is a good one. This is used to install water line
taps in copper pipes.

My idea was to use the existing containment structure
that didn't work, but to add electric "seal heaters" to
it to melt the methane gas hydrates. I mean it worked
for the space shuttle. Why fix something when one
can just add seal heaters to it?

I don't want to be identified with hydrocarbon fuel manufactures
as I expect these type of problem are associated  with a systems
on it's last legs. Sure has been a lot of problems lately. I hope BP
share holders are having a warm fuzzy feeling about the future.

:S:MarkSCoffman