Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A Morality Issue Poll

Started by masster, July 15, 2010, 09:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you do if one day you create a solid-state, overunity, easy to replicate device capable of supplying free energy for your home and your car ?

I would advertise it and sell it to the highest bidder
I would file a petition for a patent
I would take the secret to my grave, fed up with people's low moral
I would give it free to mankind by posting all details on internet
I would keep it secret for not being killed
I would upscale and weaponize it

tysb3

if the maches in childrens hands is dangerous, mature people need to refuse use it ?

masster

@harti
thank you for helping this topic again by cleaning religious propaganda replies.
we will be able to breathe easier from now on.

@Nihilanth
thank you for being a part of this exchange of ideas. as the initiator of this topic and poll I couldn't be more happy when I see there are down to earth people willing to answer to a challenging issue: are we, humans, capable to withstand such a great responsibility on our shoulders ? or is our moral fabric so thin that we will be no part of any major technical revolution ?
so my choice would be to share my invention with humankind. whatever risks involved. period.
although "I would take the secret to my grave, fed up with people's low moral" is very appealing too :)
but then I was asking myself: wasn't that the choice of the vast majority of past legendary "free-energy" inventors ? let's not be afraid name big names. should I make the same mistake they did ?
of course there would be some bitter taste in my mouth when I'd share my invention, but hey... that's progress. the benefit will be that many sane people will have a better life. although there will be also some sick, limping monkeys dragged along with this new wave of technology, I am very confident they will have to learn to stand up or eat bananas forever...

XS-NRG

But there is another thing.

Prototypes are expensive.
And i mean real expensive.
Early prototypes may look like the are cheap but there can be thousants of dollars spent on it's background research and earlier failure models.

So you have build your first working unit, and it has cost you say 50.000$
This covers most of your research, equipment tools and materials used.

The final design is made up of parts that alone cost say 50 $

So we have a problem here.
You have done all the hard work and you have spend all your money.
This means no nice car no house no saved money ,nothing but a working model.

If you give this away it starts to fuck with your mind.
Others can just spend 50$ and get it without having to go through all the way you went.

So you drop back to the "who want's it and is willing to do something for it will find it without my help" thing.
And that actually works very nicely, but then you see there are not much people who are willing to drop their car or house.

Nihilanth

Personally, I don't think that would bother me. Unless I did it, I'd probably think it wouldn't have gotten done. And considering the possible economic impacts of free energy, I think the value of that money would have shot straight though the ground anyway. With a few, much smaller investments I could probably live comfortably & unemployed for the rest of my life thanks to OU. And in the end, isn't that what we all want, to not have to go to work? :P

@massterwhen it comes to "take the secret to my grave, fed up with people's low moral" vs sharing it, I think I'd share it. I've remembered that there are groups I hate almost as much as religious fanatics, those being free energy denialists & large energy companies/organizations actively involved in suppressing free energy inventors. Ignoring any overlap, I'd be hurting one group I hate at the cost of helping the other, and helping everyone else. That and as it's been said earlier, the more people who know it, the less important of a target I'd be.

One thing to consider though while trying to spread a free energy schematic is that most people aren't too knowledgeable of electronics. The easier it is to replicate, the more people will be making it/testing it. Trying to wire something with the output of a single wall socket or higher, there's a greater risk for people to get hurt or kill themselves. The second most common power source around the house (or at least in mine) is the AA battery which is basically harmless. In my opinion we need more experimentation with low power designs, especially if they could be more scalable.
"I think it's better to have ideas [than beliefs.] You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. Life should malleable and progressive; working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can't generate. Life becomes stagnant." - Rufus the 13 Apostle.

Hugo Chavez

Quote from: XS-NRG on July 26, 2010, 09:17:00 AM
But there is another thing.

Prototypes are expensive.
And i mean real expensive.
Early prototypes may look like the are cheap but there can be thousants of dollars spent on it's background research and earlier failure models.

So you have build your first working unit, and it has cost you say 50.000$
This covers most of your research, equipment tools and materials used.

The final design is made up of parts that alone cost say 50 $

So we have a problem here.
You have done all the hard work and you have spend all your money.
This means no nice car no house no saved money ,nothing but a working model.

If you give this away it starts to fuck with your mind.
Others can just spend 50$ and get it without having to go through all the way you went.

So you drop back to the "who want's it and is willing to do something for it will find it without my help" thing.
And that actually works very nicely, but then you see there are not much people who are willing to drop their car or house.
There's some serious truth here that this forum needs to address bigtime.  It's a lot of time and money that goes into this endeavor of free energy/overunity.  People have families and bills.  Everything we do is based on dollars.  HELL, one of the biggest reasons people want free energy is to save money.  A little hypocrisy there...  And we all want to have cleaner energy too.  The one thing that I can say and I'm guessing many others here can too is that the search for overunity is not cheap.  I've spent enough money that I'm way past ready to call it quits.  Even the demands for the overunity prize is not cheap and will not leave you with any prize money in the end. 

Why not have some minimal financial reward for achievement here?  By doing so you would bring in more people willing to spend their own money to accomplish the task.  I totally agree this shouldn't be something for greed.  I have no desire to be or see the next bill gates come out of an overunity success; but it would be nice to see enough money to compensate all the time and work and family needs at a minimum.  Isn't there a way one could be paid a little and still have it end up being cheap/clean energy for everyone?  Is there some middleground?  Where everyone can be a part of it and still be compensated for the time and money and years put in?