Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A Morality Issue Poll

Started by masster, July 15, 2010, 09:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you do if one day you create a solid-state, overunity, easy to replicate device capable of supplying free energy for your home and your car ?

I would advertise it and sell it to the highest bidder
I would file a petition for a patent
I would take the secret to my grave, fed up with people's low moral
I would give it free to mankind by posting all details on internet
I would keep it secret for not being killed
I would upscale and weaponize it

XS-NRG

Quote from: Nihilanth on July 26, 2010, 08:23:01 PM
But I enjoy not being homeless.

See this is how black and white you think.
I know people who do not work and who are nowhere near homeless.
It's the decission you make to go to work and not going to work does not mean you have to be homeless.

Quote from: Nihilanth on July 26, 2010, 08:23:01 PM

An unlimited power supply has an unlimited potential for doing work. Free energy doesn't directly give water, but technically could power a dehumidifier & extract water from the air. It would also provide heating, cooling, light & obviously power to computer automated machinery. Everyone could potentially be self-sufficient. The only thing left would be taxes. And at that point money itself would seem redundant without needing jobs or public utilities, except for stupid luxurious junk like ipods.

I notice many times people do not have a realistic view about free energy.
Some think that once you have something working people will start to knock on your door and start to deliver boxes filled with money at your doorstep so you can pay the rent for the rest of your life or something like that.
There won't be any of that.

Some think we can get rid of all jobs because we have found free energy.
How many do you know of that have a roof filled up with solar panels?
It does not change anything exept that you don't get a bill from the utility company.
You can't just quit your job because of that.
If you want to quit your job you will heve to be alot smarter then this.

it won't happen overnight, it will be a long road, lot of time.

Nihilanth

Quote from: XS-NRG on July 27, 2010, 11:55:54 AM
See this is how black and white you think.
I know people who do not work and who are nowhere near homeless.
It's the decision you make to go to work and not going to work does not mean you have to be homeless.
Then how do I not go to work, not be homeless, not mooch off anybody or government program, and do it all without winning the lottery or robbing a bank?
Quote from: XS-NRG on July 27, 2010, 11:55:54 AMSome think that once you have something working people will start to knock on your door and start to deliver boxes filled with money at your doorstep so you can pay the rent for the rest of your life or something like that.
Good point. I'll move into an RV, and be constantly on the go. You can't tax what isn't there. Then again, if the tax collectors can do the same, I don't see why they'd bother. That's why it's good to share.
Quote from: XS-NRG on July 27, 2010, 11:55:54 AMSome think we can get rid of all jobs because we have found free energy.
You still haven't given a valid reason as to why we can't.
Quote from: XS-NRG on July 27, 2010, 11:55:54 AMHow many do you know of that have a roof filled up with solar panels?
No one. Because solar power is weak, easily cut-off, expensive, and requires replacements every few years. Too much maintenance & too little cost-effectiveness. A motionless free electricity generator, with no parts that burn up or break down, well that's a different beast entirely.
Quote from: XS-NRG on July 27, 2010, 11:55:54 AMIt does not change anything except that you don't get a bill from the utility company.
You can't just quit your job because of that.
Still have yet to hear a 'why'.
Quote from: XS-NRG on July 27, 2010, 11:55:54 AMIf you want to quit your job you will have to be a lot smarter then this.
Well if you're so smart, why are you here?
Quote from: XS-NRG on July 27, 2010, 11:55:54 AMit won't happen overnight, it will be a long road, lot of time.
But once I have free energy, I'll have already won. I don't expect something like this to happen overnight, but once established, I know things can never go back to the way it was before.
"I think it's better to have ideas [than beliefs.] You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. Life should malleable and progressive; working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can't generate. Life becomes stagnant." - Rufus the 13 Apostle.

masster

@XS-NRG
and don't forget the (solar panels)-(solid state free energy device=SSFED) comparison is like comparing apples and oranges.
because solar panels aren't your invention, they are expensive, they have small under-unity COP, they are weather and day dependent and so on.
I think that you have to do greater efforts in seeing the whole picture and imagining what will happen a few steps ahead. trust me, there are still good people alive. not everybody will take your invention for granted and say *uck him!".
/@XS-NRG

but let's not forget that we are here to discuss about inventors' moral fabric and not how to build a SSFED without any money and effort. IMHO an inventor able to share his invention with humankind for free has to know it takes a lot of sweat, blood and tears. progress = sacrifice. and if our first question is "why me ?" or "where money from ?" or etc. then we have to dig a hole, jump in and die because we are doomed.
unless we see farther than 2 inches in front of our eyes...

The Architect

you are not considering dangerous side effects. what if more than one of your devices are built to power a place and they are placed in a strange configuration you never intended on and the power being drained is not equal causing say a phase variance difference on some energy level we do not understand yet.

this is where I am at. holding it secret till I know it is not capable of other things and is safe no matter what or at least as safe as current electrical generation systems that are kept in peoples homes and RV's and such

XS-NRG

Quote from: Nihilanth on July 27, 2010, 09:26:32 PM
Then how do I not go to work, not be homeless, not mooch off anybody or government program, and do it all without winning the lottery or robbing a bank?

You start your own busness and make alot of money.
Then there will be a point where you can sit back and relax if you do it the right way.
Simple isn't it?

You still haven't given a valid reason as to why we can't.

Okay so from this answer i make up you are living in some sort of dream world and you are thinking free energy will solve all the problems in the world...it isn't going to happen.
Free energy isn't going to change a thing other then a cleaner biosphere.
Things still need to be done, sure you can transport goods with a free energy powered truck, but it still needs a driver.
You should think some more about it.

No one. Because solar power is weak, easily cut-off, expensive, and requires replacements every few years. Too much maintenance & too little cost-effectiveness.

Okay so now i am getting a bit angry.
Now you are talking plain bullshit here.
It is clear to me you do not know what you are talking about.

My entire house is solar powered and i cannot call it weak, you just need to install enough panels.
I sometimes disconnect the battery's when there is too much sun, weak no way!
Sure they are not too effecient but hey i have all the energy i need.
It does not need maintance at all and BPsolar gives a 25 year power gurantee and you call that a replacement every few years...i am sure they go well over 25 years actually.
If you do not now what you are talking about i suggest you shut up.
My solar panels do not even come close to the cost of my research and development! they are cheap compared to that.
Please buy some!!! then we can talk again.I recommend them!!!

A motionless free electricity generator, with no parts that burn up or break down, well that's a different beast entirely.

Your appliance does not care about where the power comes from.
Nothing changes other then you do not have to pay for the energy...

Well if you're so smart, why are you here?

I am here to see if there are people that can convince me, that i should share my work.
But people like you even make me wanne leave.

But once I have free energy, I'll have already won.

If you ever find it, it will help you understand my point of view.

Quote from: masster on July 27, 2010, 11:55:27 PM
@XS-NRG
and don't forget the (solar panels)-(solid state free energy device=SSFED) comparison is like comparing apples and oranges.
because solar panels aren't your invention, they are expensive, they have small under-unity COP, they are weather and day dependent and so on.

They are in one word: GREAT!

I think that you have to do greater efforts in seeing the whole picture and imagining what will happen a few steps ahead. trust me, there are still good people alive. not everybody will take your invention for granted and say *uck him!".

I think i am looking at a bigger picture then you are looking at.
I may be wrong.

but let's not forget that we are here to discuss about inventors' moral fabric and not how to build a SSFED without any money and effort. IMHO an inventor able to share his invention with humankind for free has to know it takes a lot of sweat, blood and tears. progress = sacrifice. and if our first question is "why me ?" or "where money from ?" or etc. then we have to dig a hole, jump in and die because we are doomed.
unless we see farther than 2 inches in front of our eyes...

You have no idea what is 2 inches in front of my eyes.
I am looking for reasons i have only seen one yet.
About our future children living in a clean environment and that they deserve it.

Quote from: The Architect on July 28, 2010, 09:46:08 AM
you are not considering dangerous side effects. what if more than one of your devices are built to power a place and they are placed in a strange configuration you never intended on and the power being drained is not equal causing say a phase variance difference on some energy level we do not understand yet.

this is where I am at. holding it secret till I know it is not capable of other things and is safe no matter what or at least as safe as current electrical generation systems that are kept in peoples homes and RV's and such

Current electrical systems are very dangerous.
The ac comming from the wall can kill you.
I can touch the poles of my battery's without dying or getting a shock.
It takes more metal at lower voltages so bigger wires have to be used for the same power.
That's about the only drawback i can think of.

But you are right FE appliances have to be safe.
It's quite hard to achieve because most of them use high voltages and can go into melt down.