Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A Morality Issue Poll

Started by masster, July 15, 2010, 09:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you do if one day you create a solid-state, overunity, easy to replicate device capable of supplying free energy for your home and your car ?

I would advertise it and sell it to the highest bidder
I would file a petition for a patent
I would take the secret to my grave, fed up with people's low moral
I would give it free to mankind by posting all details on internet
I would keep it secret for not being killed
I would upscale and weaponize it

XS-NRG

Quote from: Nihilanth on July 26, 2010, 12:14:53 PM

And in the end, isn't that what we all want, to not have to go to work? :P

You don't have to go to work if you don't want to.
And having a free energy device isn't going to change anything about that you would still have to pay for your house water and alot of things etc.

Quote from: Hugo Chavez on July 26, 2010, 01:04:29 PM

Why not have some minimal financial reward for achievement here?  By doing so you would bring in more people willing to spend their own money to accomplish the task.  I totally agree this shouldn't be something for greed.  I have no desire to be or see the next bill gates come out of an overunity success; but it would be nice to see enough money to compensate all the time and work and family needs at a minimum.  Isn't there a way one could be paid a little and still have it end up being cheap/clean energy for everyone?  Is there some middleground?  Where everyone can be a part of it and still be compensated for the time and money and years put in?

I would say the prize needs to go up further this way it will compensate even more and stimulate people to do research and devellopment.

Spending money on diffrent projects means there will be money lost on things that will not make it so this means that the winner will get less money just because of that.

By the way people who do this as a hobby do not want money from others.
At least i do not.

This reminds me of the magniworks scam.
THey did a real good job at selling those so called how to guides.
Unfortunatly it was a scam but they did make some serious money.

masster

Quote from: XS-NRG on July 26, 2010, 09:17:00 AM
So we have a problem here.
You have done all the hard work and you have spend all your money.
This means no nice car no house no saved money ,nothing but a working model.
let's step back a little and have a look at the bigger picture.
or even better, let's watch the following movie:

News Headline: Today, March 9th 2011, Thomas Auer, a german inventor from a small village near Leipzig, released online simultaneously all over the major international servers the full blueprints of a new revolutionary device that will change for ever the way we know and use energy. Made from not too expensive materials, the majority of us will be capable of building it and use it to power our house and car for FREE. Contacted by our crew, Thomas statement was: "I created this device because I believe people were slaves of energy corporations. From now on, energy freedom will be a fact and nobody will be able to suppress this information from getting to the rightful owners: we, simple decent people. My only wish is that everybody make my device plans available for free and not take any profit from it. We will prevail."

End of movie.
So now let me ask you this: will people ever repay Thomas ? Will they be indifferent towards the greatest inventor alive who brought them the biggest gift in human history ? Will he be able to pay his rent, house mortgage, etc ? Come on...

Hugo Chavez

Quote from: XS-NRG on July 26, 2010, 03:21:01 PM
And having a free energy device isn't going to change anything about that you would still have to pay for your house water and alot of things etc.

I would say the prize needs to go up further this way it will compensate even more and stimulate people to do research and devellopment.

Spending money on diffrent projects means there will be money lost on things that will not make it so this means that the winner will get less money just because of that.

By the way people who do this as a hobby do not want money from others.
At least i do not.

This reminds me of the magniworks scam.
THey did a real good job at selling those so called how to guides.
Unfortunatly it was a scam but they did make some serious money.
it's a hobby for me too.  I do not want to get rich off this or scam people.  In fact I have a stickied thread on the Magnet Motors forum complaining/exposing magniworks.  With that said there is a point to money and the goal of overunity.  If there were some middleground, some payoff, it would entice a more serious endeavor from a larger field.  We all know we've seen a bulk of scammers ripping people off over the years.  It would be nice to be able to take this goal of overunity up a few steps and leave the scam artists and hoaxters behind.  I don't know how that can be done, but I'm sure it is something worthy of talking about.

XS-NRG

Something works, or something does not...
There is no middle in between so how would you do that?
By the looks? or by the theory behind it?
I don't think that's the correct way...

I can see that some small thing can be improved to become something bigger do.
But then you can give money to anybody that thinks they can do it and that are a lot of people, i don't think there is so much money and alot will be lost.
And then again, who decides who get's some and who does not?

Also would you give money to starters, the ones that still need to develop their skills, or to die hards that are on the job for a long time and thus have spend alot of money already?

We could allow people to present what they are working on, and based on that other people could pick projects they want to support.  :)
Be it by votes or even by making small donations...

The 3 months one watt challenge is actually a good one because it creates the solid base to build on and the first who wins this get's the money.
I think it's fair and i also think this person has spend much time and money on it, still i know the prize is nothing compared to what they have done.

I still think one prize is best, the first that delivers a device that meets the 3 month one watt challenge deserves it right away.

Nihilanth

Quote from: XS-NRG on July 26, 2010, 03:21:01 PM
But I enjoy not being homeless.
Quote from: XS-NRG on July 26, 2010, 03:21:01 PMAnd having a free energy device isn't going to change anything about that you would still have to pay for your house water and a lot of things etc.
An unlimited power supply has an unlimited potential for doing work. Free energy doesn't directly give water, but technically could power a dehumidifier & extract water from the air. It would also provide heating, cooling, light & obviously power to computer automated machinery. Everyone could potentially be self-sufficient. The only thing left would be taxes. And at that point money itself would seem redundant without needing jobs or public utilities, except for stupid luxurious junk like ipods.
"I think it's better to have ideas [than beliefs.] You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. Life should malleable and progressive; working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can't generate. Life becomes stagnant." - Rufus the 13 Apostle.