Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

inertial propulsion with gyroscope

Started by woopy, January 16, 2018, 04:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conradelektro

Quote from: woopy on March 05, 2018, 04:27:02 PM
Hi conrad

just for fun

the video of this really unexpected result.

But sofar no marble test nor suspended wheel test so we have to be very carefull with this test.

I will have to buidl a twin and more stable system for comparison

hope this helps

https://youtu.be/CErrMK4MvVs

Laurent

Laurent, fascinating, it seems to be difficult to predict in which direction a Fiala type machine will go.

For me the unexpected part is the direction of movement. I think it has to do with "speeding up" and "slowing down" the circular (120°) movement of the arm (carrying the gyro). This change of speed is the crucial contribution and one has to gain control of this speed change (which I will try with thew stepper motors).

Your latest machine (video part 13) is speeding up the arm in both directions and more so on the way back (when the gyro is precessing downwards). When the gyro is precessing upwards it imparts a high resistance to the servo and therefore the acceleration of the arm is less than on the return movement.

Laurent, could you try to inhibit the upward precessing of the gyro by putting a wedge where the arm is fixed to the servo? I predict that the machine will only move back and forth. The "rowing" only works if one way has a different speed change of the arm than the other way. It is like the oar (when rowing a boat) moves through air on one way and through water on the other. I think that a complete circle of the arm (carrying the gyro) is better than "rowing".

But my prediction is not based on knowledge, just a guess.

Greetings, Conrad

sm0ky2

It can be predicted

Newtons laws will always hold true

https://www.grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/airplane/newton.html
This is referenced to an airplane, but the same holds true for a gyro
or a rock floating in space.

In circular form, the arc of forced precession must not be 180 degrees
Or the forces will balance out in opposing directions.

Here it is again, applied to circular motion
http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~hemh1/gyroscopes/newton.html
I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

woopy

Quote from: conradelektro on March 06, 2018, 03:05:23 AM
Laurent, fascinating, it seems to be difficult to predict in which direction a Fiala type machine will go.

For me the unexpected part is the direction of movement. I think it has to do with "speeding up" and "slowing down" the circular (120°) movement of the arm (carrying the gyro). This change of speed is the crucial contribution and one has to gain control of this speed change (which I will try with thew stepper motors).

Your latest machine (video part 13) is speeding up the arm in both directions and more so on the way back (when the gyro is precessing downwards). When the gyro is precessing upwards it imparts a high resistance to the servo and therefore the acceleration of the arm is less than on the return movement.

Laurent, could you try to inhibit the upward precessing of the gyro by putting a wedge where the arm is fixed to the servo? I predict that the machine will only move back and forth. The "rowing" only works if one way has a different speed change of the arm than the other way. It is like the oar (when rowing a boat) moves through air on one way and through water on the other. I think that a complete circle of the arm (carrying the gyro) is better than "rowing".

But my prediction is not based on knowledge, just a guess.

Greetings, Conrad

Hi conrad

I am not sure that the speed of rotation is different on both   parts of the stroque. (back and forth)

What is sure is that there is the swing stroque where the gyro want  but cannot precess at all (it simply apply a unusefull down torque on the arm which is mechnically constrained  ) during this phase the gyro translate along a planar path, and exhibit full inertia.(Fiala patent)

Then at the end of the swing stroque the servo immediately invert the translation, which seems perhaps even better than the "free fall " of the Fiala's system, and immediately the gyro can free precess, but the precssion is forced by the servo, it is no more a natural gravity free precession.
And during this forced precession, the gyro seems , as per the Fiala's patent ,  also" lose some of the something", and exhibit less inertia on the way back for a new swing stroque.

So we have the assymetry of inertia (harwey Fiala) between the back and the forth translation. This is why it works as to my understanding and at my absolute stupefaction.

You can notice that the Swing speed is not very high, that is due to the fact that this rotation speed must match the gyro spinning speed, so in the forced free precession back loop, the gyro should not raise up too much.

Your definition of the oar just above the water for the back loop is perfect.

I have noticed that if i swing too fast than the gyro lift ut almost vertically (and more) and at the end of the back loop, when the servo brutally reinvert the translation for the swing sequence, the gyro percutes strongly the downwards mechanical limitator, and everything woobble as crazy and  the efficiency is very poor.

What is puzzling is that during this way back the rotation speed seems the same as the swing rotation speed. On the Fiala's the natural precession translation is much slower than the swing speed ?

Your proposition to limit the up raise of the gyro , will make no more assymetry ( the gyro is not allowed to free precess at all) between the 2 stroques and it is sure that the device will stay wobbling back and forth without forward movement.

Finally the back and forth mouvement, is very convenient, because you can power the gyro very easily and with electric wire, So no contact rings or other commutator necessary, you can also make twin device easily.
Apropos i wonder if it would work with one oscillating single servo (120 degrees), with one single motor and 2 gyros  monted in opposition. So one gyro is swinging (motorizing) and the other is precessing (not motorizing) and than the contrary??

Youup a lot to think

Laurent

conradelektro

Programming can start next week. The wheels are not mounted during the program development phase.

Greetings, Conrad

woopy

Hi conrad

good to see you going on the test

I have also learned to program my arduino and i can do what i want with my servos for this purpose.

Just for an important info i tried the "kayak rowing" (see picture ) on one single servo oscillating back and forth, and it does not work at all.

The gyros are correctly swinging ad precessing as i would expect but no movement at all , only wobbling back and forth.

I had the same result with the Fiala Fig 8 i tried .

And as soon as i put away one gyro , the device goes happily forward, very puzzling ?

So i am making a flat forced precession device with twin gyros , but rowing simultaneously

Always so interesting and surprising this experiment

Laurent