Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pierre's 170W in 1600W out Looped Very impressive Build continued & moderated

Started by gotoluc, March 23, 2018, 10:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotoluc

Quote from: listener191 on March 26, 2018, 06:13:52 PM
Hi Gotoluc,

Pretty late here so here is a quick and dirty markup.

5V regulator powers logic side of L298N

You can feed in 35V but the regulator would get very hot so I would use +12V.

The diodes for the transistors are in place on the board.

I have shown connections for Pierres ladder switch arrangement, so the switches are connected in parallel  for a half bridge with a 3.5A rating instead of 2A.

The enable lines switch off both transistors. When enabled the In1 In2 lines are tied together high or low TTL on this input will switch on either the upper or lower transistor pairs.

Regards

L192

Thanks L192 for your help. No need to make the circuit any cleaner unless you wish to do so,
Is there a way to directly connect an external 5v power source for the boards logic (bypass voltage regulator) so I can use a higher input voltage then 12v?
Is it just a matter of pulling out the "5V Enable"  jumper seen in below picture?
I was planing on going up to the 20 volt rage as maybe a good amount of saturation could be needed.
Also, how many outputs from the Arduino 3560 will be needed to control 30 of L298N?

Thanks

Luc

gotoluc

Hi everyone,
I've been busy with my build but today I'm opening the topic as I have some questions.
I want to know if I leave the pin jumpers on each (A Enable & B Enable) of the L298N or do I remove them?
Also, has their been a post on how the four control wires of each L298N are grouped and then to which pin numbers the groups are connected on the 2560?
Thanks for your help
Luc

Fr. Salut à tous,
J'ai été occupé avec ma construction mais aujourd'hui j'ouvre le sujet car j'ai quelques questions.
Je veux savoir si je laisse les jumpers de broche sur chacun (A Enable & B Enable) du L298N ou est-ce que je les enlève?
Aussi, a-t-il été un message sur la façon dont les quatre fils de contrôle de chaque L298N sont groupés et ensuite sur quels numéros de broche les groupes sont connectés sur le 2560?
Merci de votre aide
Luc

listener191

Quote from: gotoluc on March 29, 2018, 02:37:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been busy with my build but today I'm opening the topic as I have some questions.

I want to know if I leave the pin jumpers on each enable of the L298N or do I remove them?
Also, has their been a post on how the four control wires of each L298N are grouped and then to which pin numbers the groups are connected on the 2560?

Thanks for your help

Luc

gotoluc

Thanks listener191 for the diagram.
So it's confirmed that the A Enable and B Enable Jumpers are remover.
I also want to use a higher voltage then 12vdc so I'm also going to remove the 5V voltage regulator (5v Enable) Jumper and power all the 30 L298N boards with an external power supply connected to all boards to the 5v connector.
Now all that is left to know is  how the four control wires to each L298N x 30 are grouped and then to which pin numbers the groups are connected on the 2560 to work with the program TK has modified for my 30 slot stator?
This question can be answered by yourself if you wish, TK or slider2732

Thanks
Luc

Fr.  Merci listener191 pour le diagramme.
Il est donc confirmé que les jumpers A Enable et B Enable sont supprimés.
Je veux également utiliser une tension plus élevée que 12Vcc, donc je vais également retirer le (5v Enable) jumper du régulateur de tension 5V et alimenter toutes les 30 cartes L298N avec une alimentation externe connectée a touts les cartes au connecteur 5v.
Maintenant tout ce qui reste à savoir est comment les quatre fils de contrôle à chaque L298N x 30 sont groupés et ensuite à quels numéros de broche les groupes sont connectés sur le 2560 pour travailler avec le programme que TK a modifié pour mon stator à 30 slots?
Cette question peut être répondue par vous-même si vous le souhaitez, TK ou slider2732
Merci
Luc