Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Two kinds of induction - Henry

Started by nix85, January 07, 2020, 12:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kajunbee

I don't think the current was zero in two opposing coils. It's only that the two opposing currents canceled each other, therefore no deflection of galvanometer. The galvanometer has two coils wrapped on same frame. One secondary winding connected to one coil of galvanometer. The other secondary was connected to other coil on galvanometer. Current was still flowing in both secondary's therefore it should still magnetize a needle. This is the way I'm understanding the setup. My problem is why the interposed zinc plate showed no screening effect.If you continue reading he gives the reason behind some of the discrepancies in previous experiments. The answers are there we just have to look harder.

nix85

"Current was still flowing in both secondary's therefore it should still magnetize a needle"

no

even if there was full current in both coils (which is your assumption) and these currents only canceled in the galvanometer, still, needle was placed in a way to get magnetized only if two currents did not cancel out.

kajunbee

This is a description of the experiment in Faradays own words. Tell me if you understand it as I do. That there is current induced in secondary's but they oppose each other in galvanometer.

kajunbee

The magnetizing spiral consist of two wires wrapped around straw. The induced current flows in opposition not only in galvanometer, but also in magnetizing spiral. Therefore current is induced but doesn't magnetize needle. Only when there is imbalance in current does needle magnetize.

kajunbee

I believe I got that a** backwards. As you say the needle gets magnetized. So it would have to be in opposition in galvanometer, but not in magnetizing spiral. But it's not clear to me whether the magnetizing spiral is opposing or not. I see no reason to believe that there not in opposition.