Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Towards Realizing the TPU

Started by poynt99, September 03, 2008, 08:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Room3327

Mk1,
    Are you replying to my post, if so, the motor you are referring to in Tesla's patent is not a motor.  It is an exciter for the device which must be powered or driven by some other means.  The rotation of it (by some other means) provides a dual sine wave output 180 degrees out of phase with each other to drive the rotating magnetic field which actually produces the output of the device. Before we get off on wild tangents here we should be looking much closer at these patents and trying to understand them.  Most people here seem to be trying to make mountains out of mole hills and complicating things way past the point of sanity.  If this thing is as complicated as people here are trying to make it, How did Steve Marks ever come up with it, because his intelligence was never that great.

Room3327

kacor

Hi Room3327 & All

Thanks you for the new thoughts, we need these always. I don't want to offend you but I have to respond a few things.
1./ 6000 RPM (revolution per minute) is only 100 Hz
2./ SM really mentioned a slight vibration but in my opinion its frequency is much more lower than 5-6 kHz. I never tried but I don't think we can feel so high vibration by hand.
3./ Tesla's exciter in my sight is normal permanent magnetic motor/generator with one difference: he used double commutator. I think it is better than what we use it nowadays, because one can easily separate the BEMF.
Kacor

Room3327

Chef,
     Yes it would be 180 degrees out of phase in order to produce a smoothly rotating magnetic field using 2 phases and not 3. If you were to use 3 phases to produce a smoothly rotating mag field they would need to be 120 degrees apart.
     And no I do not personally know Steve Marks and I was not putting down his intelligence, I was raising the intelligence of many of the posters here who go into ideas of exotic metals and operating principles that I do not believe were a part of what Marks did.
Kacor,
     1. No offense taken, and yes you are right, I made a mistake and did not calculate rpm correctly.  Lets see if 1 cycle of input causes the magnetic field to revolve 1 full turn and it is running at 5 KHz it would go around 5000 times per second  times 60 seconds in a minute that appears to be 300,000 RPM.  A little higher then I thought but great for producing energy.
     2. I don't know the answer to the vibration question, not till I get a version built.
     3. Look at the drawings in Tesla's Patent and Read the text, Yes it is a PM motor/gen but it purpose and intent in the patent is to be used as a generator not a motor so it has to be driven by an external rotating source.  As a gen. its purpose is to generate 2 outputs that are 180 degrees apart ( 1 output is at maximum while the other is at minimum ) these 2 outputs drive the 4 coils in 2 pairs creating a smoothly rotating magnetic field (at 300,000 apparently RPM) in the toroid.  Also reading the Cancelling Lenz's law-methods thread will give more in-site.  If the coils are not matched very well there will be more losses caused by this according to Tesla.

Thank you all
Please don't take me wrong
I am only here to help.
Room3327

Room3327

Chef,
        You know what, you may be right, I argued with myself about that point 90 or 180, Tesla says 1 is at maximum while the other is at minimum.  Studying the exciter I think you are right I think it puts out 2 signals 90 degrees out of phase with each other.  But this still doesn't change the operating principle of this device i.e. smoothly rotating magnetic field cutting the output windings with nothing else moving, no wire, magnets, or steel moving in relation to any other.  If operated at say 400 Hz, which steel can handle quite, well that would translate to an RPM of 400x60=24,000 RPM.  If it has very little CEMF as I suspect, it should be able to produce a lot of output.

Room3327

Room3327

Chef,
     Could be he realized something that was not in the patent, but he probably built the patent in order too realize it.
Tesla shows the output coil not as a single coil but as 4 separate coils, with 4 separate outputs.  If the magnetic field of the core is rotating the points of high magnetic intensity, that point of hi. intens. will pass through 1 of the 4 output coils expanding the field in that coil as it travels around the core, expanding the magnetic field inside a coil will induce power into it.  Moving the same magnetic field form one end of a stationary inductor to the other won't do a thing as you say.  And yes Tesla also mentions there would be some regular transformer action.

P.S. I don't know all there is to know about this, I too am still trying to figure it out like everyone else here, but it just seems to me we all need some new directions to go.

Room3327