Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Toroidal Motor

Started by gravityblock, February 17, 2009, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravityblock

That is great news broli.

For those who may be trying to follow this, I will try to explain what broli and I are trying to do.

When a magnet is rotating around it's magnetic axis the magnetic field will remain stationary, thus not creating a counter emf to the induced current that caused it to move.

This is not the way we are currently doing things. We are currently rotating the magnet using a coil in a way that causes the magnet to change its magnetic field, which creates a counter emf or a change in it's magnetic field.

What we want is to have the stationary coil to rotate the magnets where the magnet is rotating on its magnetic axis so that the magnetic field doesn't change. Since the magnetic field doesn't change, then there is no counter emf.

If you compare both of our methods, you will see us both trying to do the same thing.

This is really simple and an elegant solution to our energy problem. This is overunity at it's best.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

broli

Gravityblock since I got a bit wiser since I made the first post in this thread. You should notice that my latest design is very similar to what is done here. Only is the toroidal coil replaced by a single permanent magnet. Imagine the permanent magnet is a single winding from the toroidal coil, that would make things clearer...

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7007.0;attach=31674;image

Notice the field coming from the stator magnets being radially outwards. So this shows that you don't need some rare radially magnetized magnet but two axially magnetized magnets can do the trick. If you want to add another on the outside to replace this outer radial one...

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6847.0;attach=30757;image

All you have to do is at two other ring magnets on the outside like this...

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7007.0;attach=31664;image

Here both magnet sets are making a field that attract each other unlike your original idea where they repulse. I believe attraction would give better results. But that's also the beauty of it you can as easily test repulsion by just flipping the magnets over while in a true radially magnetized magnet you have to completely re magnetize it or have another one in opposite polarity. I believe this design is now very easy to build. You need 4 sets of magnets plus a toroidal coil that can fit in between them. It's best to not buy a toroid with a magnetic core. I think it can be done for under 100$ and that includes some serious ball bearings and what not.

I attached a cutaway rendition of the design in question.

Charlie_V

In your earlier experiment, you were able to make the top magnet rotate by applying a current to the wire that was wraped around the bottom magnet (where both magnets were in attraction)?  But when you moved the top magnet by hand nothing was induced in the coil?  I wanted to be clear that applying current produced movement but manual movement produced no current. 

Or was the test to see if current would be produced - which it wasnt? 

I'm confused.  I see what you guys are trying to do but is it based on a principle that works or a concept that might work?

Thanks,
Charlie

broli

I have only done the second thing you mentioned. That is to see whether a current is generated when the magnet is rotated around it's magnetization axis, which it didn't. This is conform to the thingy called the Faraday paradox that shows that the field does not "move" when the magnet rotates around its magnetization axis. No moving field means no relative motion between charge which equal ZERO back emf. This proves that when the magnet rotates there's no generator effect that kills of my applied current.

Now all I have to show is that indeed the magnet would rotate. You are right it's just a concept, but all the facts that support this concept are as obvious as day light. This would make the perfect dc motor first of all as you apply true DC and not switched by some split ring. And a true DC generator at the same time. I plan on closing the loop with a generator that uses the exact same setup but where the conductor is rotating. The cool thing is that even for this generator you get rotation of its magnets for free.

I'm currently waiting on some neo magnets I just ordered that should arrive in a few days. Hopefully I will then show that indeed a radial field made by two opposing magnets can generate a Lorentz force that's causes at every angle of rotation a net torque unlike a conventional dc motor where you have to flip polarity. Then I need to acquire a toroidal air wound coil to prove that the magnet will rotate if allowed and show free energy.

mr_bojangles

it looks to me like you have the inside out version of a "faraday flashlight"

the flashlights have a magnet running in the middle of a coil of wires

interesting concept though, i had no idea it worked in reverse as well

i think ive solved it using this method (not yours but variations) that im still kicking around

until next time
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." 
-WC Fields