Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Toroidal Motor

Started by gravityblock, February 17, 2009, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broli

Quote from: Low-Q on March 22, 2009, 05:52:51 AM
I have ordered 25x of those beads at almost half price, 25.4mm length and 5mm inner diameter. Looks nice I guess on a motor rather than the snap-ons ;D But the snap-ons are for sure easier to remove... I already have a few of those I will use on a prototype. But the final motor/generator will use beads.
Hey, this is starting to get very fun :). Maybe I now can also making a brushless motor that runs on pure DC current.

Can't wait till I get those ferrite-beads :)

Vidar

I would have recommended the snap-ons This way you can take many turns of wire and snap it on them immediately instead of wasting a lot of time inserting the wire loop one by one as if you're sewing :p.

Edit: Doing some field simulations I noticed there's a small leaking factor if these beads are used. One has to leave some space between the wire(s) and beads to really sit in that 0 field spot. The below simulation shows a cross section of a bead with a 10 A wire(s) going in the middle of it. As you can see the wire(s) should at best not touch the inner surface of the bead to sit in that zero field spot.

Edit2: I think this leaking is a software thing. If you logically think about it, the field should be in the other direction which contributes to the torque. So I guess this isn't something to be worried about.

Low-Q

Quote from: broli on March 22, 2009, 06:39:15 AM
I would have recommended the snap-ons This way you can take many turns of wire and snap it on them immediately instead of wasting a lot of time inserting the wire loop one by one as if you're sewing :p.

Edit: Doing some field simulations I noticed there's a small leaking factor if these beads are used. One has to leave some space between the wire(s) and beads to really sit in that 0 field spot. The below simulation shows a cross section of a bead with a 10 A wire(s) going in the middle of it. As you can see the wire(s) should at best not touch the inner surface of the bead to sit in that zero field spot.

Edit2: I think this leaking is a software thing. If you logically think about it, the field should be in the other direction which contributes to the torque. So I guess this isn't something to be worried about.
I do not think it is critical to have the wire in the very center to make this work at all. I think at first it is more important to make the wires go through the hole in the bead, and then it could be possible to tune the efficiency to its maximum by centering the wires.

I have done some experiments already. Look at the pictures below. I didn't find those snap-ons, so I used several nuts that I used some shrinking tube on as a bead.

I tested this with a battery source in the windings, and it seams the magnetic shielding does change the torque at that part of the windings. I have not tried this as a generator yet, but I am positive to go further with this experiment as a motor.

broli

Nice work work and good alternative solution for the beads. I might do the same if my neo mags arrive.

Also since you're using ring magnets I recommend this solution instead...

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6847.0;attach=31902;image

You get more field on the wire with that method. The integral calculation shows this as well. Will attach it in a minute.

Attached now.

Low-Q

Quote from: broli on March 22, 2009, 10:08:37 AM
Nice work work and good alternative solution for the beads. I might do the same if my neo mags arrive.

Also since you're using ring magnets I recommend this solution instead...

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6847.0;attach=31902;image

You get more field on the wire with that method. The integral calculation shows this as well. Will attach it in a minute.
Wouldn't this method below work better? In your original drawing there is no torque horizontaly into the paper, but vertical. So you need two windings as shown below. And notice the curent loop in them that is neccessary to have torque in the right direction.

EDIT: What software do you use to simulate this? It looks pretty nice!

broli

Quote from: Low-Q on March 22, 2009, 10:45:11 AM
Wouldn't this method below work better? In your original drawing there is no torque horizontaly into the paper, but vertical. So you need two windings as shown below. And notice the curent loop in them that is neccessary to have torque in the right direction.

You're only looking at one half of the picture. This is a cutaway of a ring magnet. So the center is off to the left.

I use vizimag. It's very easy to use unlike FEMM. It is a 30 day trial but you can easily bypass that by changing the year on your pc if the 30 days are over  ;D.